CT DRAGWAY 2009 WINTER SLIDE SHOW

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION CT DRAGWAY 2009 WINTER SLIDE SHOW

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Hey

Its always a good time for all !!
        Beat the winter blahs!!

‘V’

Attachments:

34gasser-65awb

I might be able to make it to this one Bob! Work has prevented me from getting there over the past few years, but hey! I’m a bum and out of work now, so let it fly! Maybe I’ll see ya there?

randy-fish
                quote video Bob:

Hey

Its always a good time for all !!
                Beat the winter blahs!!

‘V’

Pete Bozzo (whose number is in the ad) used to feed me advance info on all the drag racing /nostalgia activities done by the Connecticut Street Rod Association, but he must be asleep at the switch. See? Dover wins the Public Relations/Ink War again!

After seeing CSRA’s Butch Kenny and Paul Benoit at last weekend’s Grand National Roadster Show, I thought to myself (afterwards) . . . “Jeez, those guys ought to make me an honorary member. I’ve always promoted their functions (nationally, in print), I’m actually from Connecticut, I still own property there, and I have a ’32 highboy.”

vbob
                Participant

Hey

Yeah,Pete’s a good little guy!!!
                    I have done my Ct Draway slides there and stuuf through the years!
                    They have a good reunion the monday after fathers day every year !
                    Usually in Wallingford!!
                    I got to know Don Gallant from going to the reunions!!!
                    He’s a pisser!!
                    Are you ding Pomona??
                    I wanted to go but it was a lousy year to make a living .
                    I gott contacts in LA to stay with but gotta keep the bod home this Febuary!!
                    Hey, you happen to know Jimmy Shaw??
                    He lives near John Wayne airport .He was a member of Mattatuck car club in Waterbury!!
                    He usta scrape the starting line at Ct Dragway !!
                    Ct. Streeet Roders still have all the starting line tree etc. from the ole place!!
                    Hers a cople dash plaques from reunions I went to!

‘V’

Attachments:

randy-fish

Jeez, V-B . . . your collection is amazing! I really like the 1999 plaque, as Dick Moroso, Bill Flynn and Bill Lawton were all heroes of mine. Hey, I don’t think I know your buddy who’s near John Wayne. Then again, lots of people know me, but I only know them when I see them. Can’t help it, so many people say hi when I’m at one race or another, their names just don’t stick. Know what I mean, Video Charlie? 😆

dino
                        Keymaster

Bob’s gonna hold his own reunion in “the attic” someday .

vbob
                            Participant

Hey

There’s a good idea,up in the attic and I can open my Army foot locker up,stuff in there I’ve been saving for when I go into the VA home!
                                I’d have to pull the batteries outta the smoke alarms ,BOYYAAA !!!!
                                A couple more!!
                                ‘V’ Charlie

Attachments:

randy-fish

Wow . . . you got my attention again, V-Bob.

When I was 16, I worked for Acme Auto Supply in East Hartford. That’s when I first met Dennis Kutsavage. He was working for Wholesale Tire & Battery at the time and he remained a dear and valued friend of mine from that day on. We continued to keep in touch after I moved to California and had a nice reunion at Lebanon Valley one day — I was the Editor of Popular Hot Rodding and he was announcing the Popular Hot Rodding Championships.

Dennis was alot like me — passionate about what we all love and he was so proud of me for having the balls to move all the way to California to take a new job.

Of course, Dennis died way too young and I always felt he never found his niche in life, as far as the working world was concerned. He was forever loyal to Frank Maratta, though. I miss him, and that’s what inspired me to honor him in the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum — much like I did for John Raffa, Frank Maratta, and “Big Jim” Roberts (Ruggiero & Roberts AA/DA). I have another D-1 hero to bestow my next 1320 Club Plaque on. These deserving individuals will have their respective 1320 Club Plaques on permanent display, right where they belong — in “The House That Wally Built.”

Attachments:

anonymous

What a nice tribute Randy.

Andy Panessa

vbob
                                        Participant

Hey

I got to meet Dennis at a Ct. reunion and was sorry to here of his his passing .
                                            They always hold a moment of silence at the start of the show for those that have gone to that ‘great staging lane’ !!!
                                            I’ve got some videos,small 8mm cassette tapes of some of the past Ct.reunions,if you want to make copies for yourself I can snail mail them to you.
                                            I have no way to make copies of 8mm cassette tapes.

‘V’

anonymous

When we ran the funny car at CT, whoever the annoucer was, would always give us a big build up as towed in past the stands to the pits.He would talk about some of the race we wons and big guys we beat. Very nice people at CT.

Andy Panessa

randy-fish
                                                    quote Plain Busted:

When we ran the funny car at CT, whoever the annoucer was, would always give us a big build up as towed in past the stands to the pits.He would talk about some of the race we wons and big guys we beat. Very nice people at CT.

Andy Panessa

I don’t remember all the announcers at Connecticut Dragway (besides Dennis), but another one of them is Jack Martin, who’s the Purchasing Agent for the Town of East Hartford. He was also one of Art Ruggiero’s race car partners over the years. Jack and I keep in touch and also see each other at Indy every year.

randy-fish
                                                        quote Plain Busted:

What a nice tribute Randy.

Andy Panessa

Thanks, Andy. For all he did for the sport, Dennis truly deserves to have his name on permanent display in the Museum. The first time I saw it, it gave me a really good feeling — it’s hard to explain. If any of you have friends (living, or not) who love the sport like I (we) do, it’s a great way to honor them. And it’s tax deductible, too, as the Museum is a non-profit organization.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Randy…How much ? where do we get Info ?

randy-fish
                                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Randy…How much ? where do we get Info ?

Attached here is the order form. Inside, it mentions . . .

“Available to individual and family names only, the 1320 Club features attractive 5×12-inch engraved plaques mounted in an elite lineup that prominently extends along 1,320 feet of the Museum’s wall space.”

Please note: the order forms I have hanging around the house have been, well, hanging around the house for a while. They list the fee at $300, but I don’t know if that’s changed — could be $350 by now, but it’s still a bargain.

FYI — It might not print out very well, due to re-sizing the scan to web dimensions, but the Museum would probably fax one to you, if interested.

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.