DADDIO’S Funny car

Forums Forums HISTORICAL DOVER PHOTO GALLERY DADDIO’S Funny car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Found in Ron Frosts photos ,his wife sent…Think it was same day as Don Schumacher there-Sept. ’74. Was this the old “Hawaiian” ???….and how ’bout some info on Daddio’s Auto Parts…Ansonia ? Who drove it ? Notice the Chrondeks and the Orange Tower.

Attachments:

storm-king

While it could have been the old Hawaiian, it could also be any number of mini Chargers that ran the east coast. it could have been Pe Wee’s “Virginian”, too.

storm-king

Cool beans, P.B., should be easy to find out where the car came from and all that other good stuff.

dino
                Keymaster

Cool Beans…I like em’ Hot …any way …If still same people “Get ’em on the Forum’ ! …thats long distance for me 😉 …Ct guys Ring them up (Photos …we want photos )

anonymous

It could be like Storm King said, the Pee Wee Wallace car or im thinking it could be the Nichols & Oxner’s, ex-Custom Body Mini-Charger?

Andy

dino
                        Keymaster

it was an EX -something…don’t believe THey built it …Somebody call ’em And find out…mention Dover-Fest and the site.

vbob
                            Participant

Hey
                                The ‘WHY NOT’ crew is from that part of the world, maybe AJ knows something???
                                ‘V’

vindicator
                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY GUYS…GEEZ’…I THOUGHT …U…MOPAR “FLYERS”…STUCK TOGETHER…MY 2 CENTS (OR IS IT NO SENSE…HOW ‘BOUT COMMON SENSE!!) 😆 😆 😆 IS THAT THIS IS BILLY FLYNN’S LAST FUNNY CAR…BELIEVE PURCHASED BY THE INFAMOUS/FAMOUS…ALL AROUND GOOD GUY…ANSONIA’S OWN “LEGEND” (AT LEAST IN HIS/MY MIND…)…PAUL DUBE…OF “THEE” ONE AND ONLY…PAUL DUBE GAS STATION/GARAGE…AND DRIVEN BY “BUCKY” (HE MAY NOT HAVE OWNED ANYMORE WHEN THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN…BUT I’M BETTIN’…THAT’S HOW THE CAR “ARRIVED” (VIA BILL FLYNN TO PAUL TO WHOEVER…) IN ANSONIA…..SAME GUYS WHO BOUGHT HL& SHIRLEY SHAHAN’S DODGE…(I DID SAY DODGE…NOT PLYMOUTH!! 😆 😆 😆 )THAT WAS THE CAR AFTER REPAINT CALLED “CHALLENGER”…THAT ROLLED @ DOVER…BELIEVE THERE’S A COUPLE OF PHOTOS IN THE ODF SECTION…BEFORE & AFTER…SEEM TO REMEMBER PAUL & BUCKY RUNNING A COUPLE OF RACES WITH US…WITH TOM “SMOKER” SMITH’S EAST COAST FUEL FUNNY CAR CIRCUIT…WITH THE CHARGER…AND THEM TELLING ME THEY HAD BOUGHT IT FROM FLYNN…THEY WERE A FUN GROUP…ALWAYS HAVIN’ SOMETHING…GOIN’ ON.. 😆 😆 😆 …IF SOMEBODY COULD TRACK PAUL OR BUCKY DOWN…I THINK THAT’S THE “STORY”…ALTHOUGH ‘DEM BOYS…GOT MORE THAN A FEW… STORIES…TO TELL 😆 😆 😆 DRAKE

dino
                                    Keymaster

Asked someplace else to track down Paul & Bucky…Nothing yet ?

dennis-doubleday

Looks like Bill Flynn’ 1970 Yankee Peddler to me.He was out of Connecticut,also. Dennis Doubleday

dennis-doubleday

I’ve changed my mind.Roll cage doesn’t match. Dennis Doubleday

vindicator
                                                Participant

😀 😀 😀 HEY DENNIS…U…DO REMEMBER…IT WAS “STYLISH” TO “UP-GRADE” THE ROLL CAGE ON EARLY 4-POST CARS… TO THE “DIGGER” STYLE CAGE…WHEN …U…DIDN’T HAVE THE BUCK$…TO UP-GRADE YOUR CAR 😆 😆 😆 …THAT COULD BE THE “STORY” AS WELL… 😀 😀 😀 DRAKE…AND THERE’S A “STORY” FOR SURE… ABOUT THIS CAR…p.s. AS I THINK STORM KING MENTIONED EARLIER…I AGREE THERE WERE A BUNCH OF THOSE CHARGER BODIED CARS AROUND…@ THE TIME…

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Ok …drivin’ me nuts…so I got ahold of Dave Bradley at Daddios ! he and Vinnie will be checkin’ this out and filling us in ! …..there !

storm-king

Drivin’ you nuts? Short trip! 😆

not a drive … short putt [ edit-dino]

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Got a reply from Daddios ?………………..Dean, I spoke with Vin Daddio and he does not remember sponsoring this car. So we are of no help in telling you who this was. Dave Bradley (Daddios Auto Parts.-Seymour,Ct.) ….. back to the drawing board .

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.