Dino Needs A "ride"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

SPECIAL REQUEST FROM DINO: might as well put it here……I want to be PART of the team …so I’m ‘checking in ‘ Here. Don’t have a car ,But before I hit the big shut down area in the sky, with THE original Big Daddy (not Garlits)…I’d like to Make a real 1/4 mile pass in a real Race Car. See …the last time I did that was many moons ago.It was at N.Y. National Speedway on a ‘sea-breeze’ summer night. Willy Hormente said “Take it for a Run” So I strapped into his ’55 M/P Chevy ,and gave it a try.The ole girl went sideways ,due a damp track.Out of the gate at full Tilt Boogie about 7 grand , I paniced and lifted. That was the last time I had the opportunity.Remember,when I got done announcing for the day…the lights were turned off and the equipt. was being packed up. Just want that last Speed Fix. Any one trust me ,not to break something? 4-speed would be sweet …not too fast now…don’t want a nosebleed…12 ‘s or slower just fine.14’s probably scary anyway.

dino
        Keymaster

And the Response WAS:
            * M & M Speed & Custom on Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:09 am
            I would LOVE to SEE that!!! Hay Mikey what do you THINK??
            Rich

by mikey on Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:18 am

Dino, you are welcome to give the Willys a shot, I can put a lower RPM chip in so you don’t hurt yourself, or just don’t poke it all the way to the floor. Remember, you drive the car, it doesn’t drive you …………………..Mikey

P.S. It’s not a four speed, but you do have to shift it. TH350 w/brake, but it has line loc for burnouts, and you could power brake it if you want to. I’d like to see you have your day in the sun. If I can make that happen, good. I know I can walk you through the stuff you need to know. Mikey If you get more than my offer, take them all !!mikey
            King of the Hill

by dinotheweirdo on Tue Apr 20, 2010 1:52 pm

Hey NEAT…roxrec said: ‘You can always make a pass in SP VII. Run it as slow as you want – no law says every pass has to be all out. A low RPM launch and short shifting will still make for one incredible ride.’
            …………..”My Parade lap’ so I can wave to the fans!”…and make funny

AND June And Rudy:
            Rudy says we can put you in a nice safe 5 speed car.Turns 13.5’s all day long and comes with drag radials for traction 🙂 🙂 It turns 13’s except when the driver takes off in 3rd instead of first,but shhhhhhhh,don’t tell him I told ya 😈
            Doors and a cage Dino,got one of those too,BUT,why settle for that when you can have a kickass stereo system,nice comfy leather seats,power steering and 4 wheel disc brakes along with a rocking chair feel suspension while cruisin down the track at 101mph!!!? Not exactly a geezer machine,but civilized comfort along with a little HP. 😕 ➡ 😕 😎 J~~~

dino
            Keymaster

….Since this year is so much more Relaxed…I plan on making the effort to visit with Everybody all day Sat…between working the Goodie Booth and not having to announce All Day. I’ll Be up the tower For Sure At Noon Sun. For Eliminations .Autograph session planned after my “Run” 😆 …yeah right ?

masracingtd1167
                Participant

We all want to see this!

smokncobrajet

Well,you have plenty of cars to choose from Dino.If I had a decently fast auto tranny car,I’d lend it,but the automatic here is a PT Cruiser.It might finish the 1/4 by Sunday 😆 😆 😆
                        Fist discussed on another thread/topic.Remember my brothers 69 Camaro which I’d advertised on the forum?It’s been sold and hopefully will attend the 2nd Annual in the 4 speed class.I’m working on it.It’ll be mixed emotions for me if that happens 😐
                        J~~~

mikey

I think he would look good in the Willys. He can go as fast as he wants to. He’s the one pushing the gas. He can just power brake it a little, and then go, shift it when you get nervous, go some more, and shift it again. Up to you, Dinoman, you’ve got a bunch of offers, and you should give them all a shot. …………….Mikey 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

Maybe I will..”.Attention in the pits…a Dino cars to staging lane 1″ 😆

maso
                                Participant

Attn: Dino…

I’ll let you drive this one—->

mikey

Is that thing real? Looks like a bunch of Pontiacs, 12? Holy Crap!! ………………..Mikey 😮 😯 😆

dino
                                        Keymaster

No ….he photoshopped it…thats Ed Hills two engine car from Texas ,way back then

mikey

Sneaky sucker. I just saw a picture of Hills car in the Aug or Sept National Dragster. The article said it had a dual set of slicks on it, and it was tearing up the pavement on the starting line. …………Mikey 😆

maso
                                                Participant

Dino…

Here’s your “ride”…!!!

Hang on tight…!!!

😯

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Still haven’t done this…not in 2010 or 2011…But …I might just hi-jack someones car in the staging lanes …If I can figure out how to start it and you wandered off…don’t be surprised if your car is ‘missing’ …look out on the line…I’ll be the one overstaging.

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Get in your Wayback machine!
                                                            ‘V’ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HbUFa7l3DM&feature=related

dino
                                                            Keymaster

I got it…I’ll get in YOUR wayback machine 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.