Dino’s Famous "Weather Report

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST Dino’s Famous "Weather Report

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Does Anybody remember the day at Dover …we had a rain shower in the morning. So we parked all the cars in the burn-out area right through the starting line and down the track to to try to keep everything dry ? So there we all sat looking at each other….I got the the brilliant idea to Break the silence to give a “Weather Report”. Used the big Tower window as my weather map…grabbed Charlie T.s shoe polish bottle and went at it,George Carlin style. Got the window completely covered so you couldn’t see me any more then fell on the floor. Will never forget that day……had you guys rolling in the isles.(starting line). We did run too. Now the Yankees do the the same thing …cover the field ….got that idea from us !

….found in big ODF Gallery…

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Bet ya can’t I D all the cars?

gene-terenzio-sr
            Participant
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Does Anybody remember the day at Dover …we had a rain shower in the morning. So we parked all the cars in the burn-out area right through the starting line and down the track to to try to keep everything dry ? So there we all sat looking at each other….I got the the brilliant idea to Break the silence to give a “Weather Report”. Used the big Tower window as my weather map…grabbed Charlie T.s shoe polish bottle and went at George Carlin style. Got the window completely covered so you couldn’t see me any more then fell on the floor. Will never forget that day……had you guys rolling in the isles.(starting line). We did run too. Now the Yankees do the the same thing …cover the field ….got that idea from us !

….found in big ODF Gallery…

Every one knows that a race car is like a sponge,(sucks you dry) so I’ll bet it worked, mater of fact i know it worked, we were there that day.

rcgarren
                Participant

I remember doing that more than once, but one day a few thought that after it rained they would try a pass down the track instead of going slow ( who goes down the track slow ) but about half way down they lost it and went into the grass, no damage but after that we all had to back up and go in the hot pits or back up the staging lanes. Then they would bring out the track [ DRYER ] old CJ jeep with a carpet tied to the back and run it up and down the track. The good old days !!!!.

dino
                    Keymaster

Now you can YOUTUBE George Carlin’s …’Hippy-Dippy Weatherman’ and SEE my Inspiration.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.