Dobbs Ferry Ford T-Bolt

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Dobbs Ferry Ford T-Bolt

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    bobby-s

Here are pictures of the T-Bolt from Dobbs Ferry Ford, NY.
        Lower right picture from left to right are Renee-service manager, Rich Werner-parts manager, & Chuck mechanic & driver of the T-Bolt.

Attachments:

storm-king

That was one bad ‘Bolt. Never saw it lose in s/s eliminator, although it didn’t run often. I saw it one weekend when they put ten inch slicks on it and it launched like Bonner’s Falcon, all four wheels in the air!

troublemaker427

Those shots of the T-bolt are great. It still has the single exhaust tailpipe on it. Must have been early on?

storm-king

I don’t know about early on, back in the day, Super Stock cars were required to carry their full factory ehaust system, windshield wipers, etc on the car. Rear slicks were limited to 7 inches wide.

mr-shine

Just found this site tonight, andlove the pictures of the Dobbs Ferry Ford T-Bolt.
                        It brings back a lot of memories – I’m the tall kid in the middle of the lower right picture.
                        I was the Parts Dept. Manager (Rich Warner). Bob S. is correct – Rene G. was Service Manager,
                        Chuck Graap was the mechanic and driver. When we first got the car, Bernie Golick was the
                        Service Manager, and the brains behind all the performance work at DF Ford.
                        Bernie commuted every day from Patterson, NJ, where he had close connections to “Gasoline Alley”,
                        which was an industrial area of performance oriented shops. As early as ’61 we were into performance
                        at DF Ford, installing 4 speeds before they were available from the factory, tri-power set ups,
                        and lots more. Before the T-Bolt, Bernie directed the building of a ’63 Galaxie 500 hardtop,
                        that Chuck Graap purchased new – 427, 2 4’s, 4 speed – it was pretty competitive with Bernie’s
                        fine touches, and Chuck’s driving skills. Lots of fine memories working there from ’61 – ’66.
                        Rich W. http://www.mr-shine.com

tomblake
                        Participant

“Gasoline Alley” I remember that place. Had all my engine balancing done there. Use to drive from Connecticut to through all the New York traffic to get there. I remember they did good work. Not much money in those days but the balance work was a must.

storm-king

Welcome to th e site to you, too, mr-shine! We used to make a run down to Gasoline Alley also, I think I remember the name J&J for some reason. I’ve got a picture of Dobbs Ferry T-Bolt I think, it may be Bill Kolb with Larsen’s car; in the staging lanes with our max wedge and the Bocanfuso brothers’ car. As I recall, Chuck didn’t socialize much with the rest of us. That car did fly though!

mr-shine

Yes, J&J was one of the places – I think the guy who owned/ran it was John Boehlanger.
                                    The other place I remember was Dick Simoneck (?). I started at DF Ford in ’61 chasing parts,
                                    deleivering customer’s cars, etc. I used to drive out to the Ford Parts Depot in Teteboro, NJ.,
                                    and many times would have to take some of that stuff to J&J. Bernie Golick our Service Manager
                                    was from Garfield, NJ and was tight with the guys at Gasoline Alley.
                                    I was the Parts Dept Mgr. there from ’64 until we closed the doors in Dec. of ’66. My boss refused
                                    to sell out to FoMoCo, so they kept dumping more and more cars/trucks on him until he couldn’t
                                    afford to store and carry them, so he closed the doors. A few months before that he sold the T-Bolt
                                    to Far Rockaway Ford. I saw it run once out at Westhampton, and it was running in the high 11’s.
                                    When Chuck drove it I think it ran in the low 11’s. I could have bought the T-Bolt in the Spring/Summer
                                    of ’66 for $2,500 – unfortunately I couldn’t afford it… That could have been an excellent investment…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.