DOC BURGESS FOUND !!!

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? DOC BURGESS FOUND !!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

The good Doctor of Black Arrow Fame has been contacted AND has registered on the forum ! Looking forward to his reply here…as he is still a busy man…and aren’t we all, with the look of the time of day ,many of you get around to log in and post !

dino
        Keymaster

Doc….Wonder if you have more photos than what we’ve dug up ? Not a lot out there in Cyber-space .

dino
            Keymaster

The ‘Dover CSI’ comes through again with long lost private Photo finds …Heres what Nick T. just sent ….Remember these days Doc?

Attachments:

storm-king

Those two color shots are from the day we bought and picked up the car from Doc. The guy on the left is my brother Bill (AKA Storm King 2) and of course Doc on the right. We flat towed that car, on the race slicks, from Doc’s home to ours in Cornwall, N.Y. Bill and I rode in the ‘Arrow just in case the wheels didn’t follow correctly (which happend sometimes on sandy or gravel road conditions) It was a whole lot colder than it looks in those pics, I can tell you. I still remember how cold it was! The tow car was my Mom’s ’67 440 GTX.

By the way, Nick T, did I send you those shots directly, or are they getting passed around from someone else. I don’t mind, just curious.

furyus63
                    Participant

Hello Storm King,

I don’t think you sent me these photos. Somewhere along the line I either found them on the net, or someone sent them to me. I build Mopar replica models and people send me photos all the time.

Nick Tiberio
                        FuryUs63

dino
                        Keymaster

See how with the internet stuff can , And will be passed around? If ya can ,Check with your sources and ASK permission to use…Some people don’t like there stuff copied (For many reasons) …but some also must be aware that Unless they watermark , post clearly “Copyright-do not copy or block copy/paste function…someones gonna snatch it. We have so far recieved Direct from the owner MOST of our photos and they are posted freely for the enjoyment of all. Thats why also you must be logged in to the Forum to view IN PHOTO section( WE KNOW WHO YOU ARE )……anything goes ,though in the other forum headings. Thanks to Storm here ,who said “I don’t mind “…but Nick got them “somewhere” ,,,,funny how these photos got here AND got explained EVEN better !

dino
                            Keymaster

I’ll be contacting The Doc Again soon to see If I can visit and pick through his Memoribilia…his time …his call …will keep you posted.

dino
                                Keymaster

Mailman Just delivered this from Charlie Irvings Private Collection …..Love the Arrow with Dover on the Side!

on side of roof ,says “Henchman…Freddie Beard, Al Svarplaitis, Freddie Murphy” and sponsored then By Glean Chrysler in Pawling ! History Here !

Attachments:

storm-king

Bill just reminded me we have some old super 8 film (we put on VHS eons ago) that has me sitting on the counter of the trophy stand at Dover, with those big Pepsi trophies (I always thought they were Coke) and Freddie Murphy there with me horsin’ around. There’s hardly any of the film worth watching; as we had an uncle who really knew how to edit film and just had to do that as a favor for us. Most of it’s junk. But maybe we’ll get it up on the ‘tube for al to see.

edit-dino…SEE NEW POST AT VIDEOS HEADING

dino
                                        Keymaster

Got That Film Now Storm King ! And it’s getting to be “that time of year” to go visit Doc to interview him for the “Big Video” …will keep you informed .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.