Don Scinto Wasn’t ever Lost ! Same Shop -Stratford

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Don Scinto Wasn’t ever Lost ! Same Shop -Stratford

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Don’s Alive And well and building motors in Stratford …just talked to his son & daughter…they’ll be posting his photos soon

http://www.donscintoautomotive.com

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Bob Lasko…snapped these of his office wall…..those are original ,never used win decals !

Attachments:

billy-casey

hay bigfoot ,,, were did you buy all those win decals … Billy 😆 😆 😆

……………………..Billy …They’re Don’s …On Don’s wall…{edit-dino}

patina
                Participant

I belive that I have seen a S/G Vega With Don Scinto on it at Lebanon Vallys Div. 1 meet.

Skiing Pat

tomblake
                    Participant

Here is a couple of pictures of Don Scinto at Dover with one of his Pontiacs.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Man…that thing needed a paint job…Thats from about 1966…Didn’t Don have A Falcon sedan Delivery “Monkeys Uncle”? and of course did all the motor work for The Ad-Man chevy II and A Lot of other guys …Still does. Hey Linda Scinto ! get us some Photo’s From Daddy Don’s Albums !

tomblake
                            Participant

Dino….you are correct about the date of those pictures it was July 03,1966.

anonymous

Don used to have an article on that wall from Super Chevy magazine, February 94, page 129, about my Chevy powered Jag that credited him for building the engine. Maybe it’s still there. Seems like anything that went up on that wall never came down.
                                    Al Baran

dino
                                    Keymaster

Al…Head on over and say hi….give him a kick in the pants to have his kids send in some photos and stories…His Daughter Linda always went to the track with him and said she would look through his stuff. Son said they’de get a car ready for Reunion and Nostalgia Drags!

dino
                                        Keymaster

Hey -we got the Scintos woke up ….Just got this from daughter Linda (MOVIES TOO !)

Hi Dino,
                                            It was good to talk to you! I spoke with my Dad and we will pull together the pictures he has and I will scan them. The website looks great. I may have been too young to race there, but many years ago my Dad bought me a green ’69 Z-28, the same one that Ned Ayer raced at Dover. It’s got the white stripes on it and I’ve had it for a really long time now. I’ve raced it at Lebannon Valley and Englishtown. My Dad mentioned a Nostalgia race in October, maybe I could bring my car.
                                            I had transferred the old 35mm home movies to VHS video, if you can do something with that, let me know. I will let you know when I have some photos.
                                            Take care.
                                            Linda

…… Linda …Bring the whole Scinto Team To the Danbury REUNION in Sept …we’re going to Debut The “TEAM” for the Oct. Nostalgia Race.

vbob
                                            Participant

HEY
                                                found this up in the attic under m!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Found this in ODF galleries (Kathy V. Collection)…

Attachments:

bossguy

Nice car, I wonder where it is now?

donscinto

Don here, yes, I am still in Stratford building engines and racing cars. Since Dover, I ran a 68 Camaro in A/Super Modified with the remnants from the AdMan (whatever wasn’t rolled over). Then I ran Super Stock J with a small block and then had an 84 Camaro and ran Super Stock K with the stock 305. Then I changed it to a 327 in the same car and ran GT/H and set an IHRA record with it. I ran that from 85 to 93 and then in 94 I built a 94 Cavalier, and with Ken Hanley driving we won the Keystones National event at Maple Grove that year. A few yeas later we won runner-up at Englishtown. Now Anthony built me a replica of the 68 Camaro, and were going to bring it to the Dover Reunion in September. I help Anthony with his 93 Cavalier that runs GT/C, so that keeps me busy. We also put together a 1956 Ford Fairlane Convertible for cruising around in the nice weather and I still have the 63 Corvette split window coupe. See ya.

donscinto

That Monkey’s Uncle car is gone. Anthony searched for it a few years back and came up with nothing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.