Dover Announcer Ralph ‘CHINK" Butera wrote in

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Dover Announcer Ralph ‘CHINK" Butera wrote in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

DINO;
        this is the old announcer from dover drag strip prior to you taking over for me. Ralph “chink” Butera. I am mark’s cousin and we always get together to dicuss the old and good times at dover drag strip. Would you believe that we left Danbury at 6am to be at the strip by 7. and never got home until 9 or 10 at night. We always stopped where they had the reunion last year for the best roast beef sandwiches. I remember that we made 12..00 for the day and free lunch . just thought I drop you a line to tell you to keep up the good work on your web site. I understand we have another year at marcus dairy for sat nite cruising and for the reunion in sept. the way the economy is going we might be good in 2010.

Ralph chink butera

dino
        Keymaster

Hooked up with ol’ “Chink” on the phone today….nutter than ever ! He started on the mike in late ’61 and the “Blue Goose” replaced him around 63-64. The Goose was the one that didn’t show opening day, ’65 -’66 so I got the nod. Chink will be registering soon on the forum. He “has” some Dover stories , believe me….some not for family viewing 😯

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.