Dover Ashtray Trophy Search

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Dover Ashtray Trophy Search

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Brian always Looking for Dover Relics…but doesn’t have this style trophy in his collection …about 69-70 ASHTRAY & Lamp …if yas see one someone wants to let loose off -let him know. Collection now up to ONE HUNDRED AND TEN!

Attachments:

babycakes
        Participant

Dino,I have one that’s just the lamp (no ash tray) ’69’ or ’70’ ? .It’s about 21 1/2 inches tall,9″x3″ inch marble base with ‘2’ small cars on both sides.It’s got like a ‘chrome’ finish,and the globe is like the old house lantern shape.Sorry,I do not want to part with it because it was ‘different’ from the run of the mill trophies you won.If Brian is looking for one like this to display at the ‘Dover’ 50th,in Wingdale,I’ll let you ‘borrow’ it for the event.Brian can contact me,and I’ll bring it to his house,next trip to Kingston,o.k.?

dover1320

Found !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dover1320

I just found the other type of ashtray trophy no light on top just with trophy center and topper . Brian

dino
                    Keymaster

Never had a Trophy topic ,so heres as good place as any to relate what I know. At the beginning of each season …the Trophy supplier would fly his little piper in and land at the track.Depending on what was left over from previous years….Chet & Joe would get their supply for the year. Trophies then and still now , just amount to a bunch of components you screw together with a center threaded Rod. You just pick a lenth (Height) and start with a base and stack up what you want with topper the “Nut ” that tightens down and holds everything together. Thats why some many different kinds. Remember Charlie putting together a lot. Make em tall-short, with this thing or that. And as the years went by, new “part’s” would be introduced. But Nothing could match what the Pepsi Folks supplied for End of the Season points.Those babies were High Dollar.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.