Dover Crosley Altereds

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover Crosley Altereds

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Well….The “Little Giant” sure started something…with it’s wheels in the air on every shift antics and without a doubt ….one of Dovers Legendary crowd pleasers .A lot of copies emerged .Heres the start of what Brian And I have found so far.First The “Up Hill Battle” From Pressleys Auto

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Heres Tom Jamesons, Kingston Based A/A

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

This little guy found In Bill Cullen Collection-1964 …Don’t know Who.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Heres George “blasting out of the gate”

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Found this looking for sumpin else…Did he whip ya Tom ?

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Fairfield based -Powered by Olds.

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Here a close-up of the Crosley of Rudy Arendt.His wife Cindy restored these photos …She’s a Pro-Photog.

Attachments:

dino
                                Keymaster

1965…What Rudy started with 😯

Attachments:

dino
                                    Keymaster

Now the Question Is …Did this Run At Dover…Got Any Photos of THAT… And where is it now.? the more I think of it…IT could be the old Pressely car.Same hood & fender cut.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Info soon coming in On Why-Not…And Tom Jameson was part of the gang that had a loose Car Club -“Colonial Draggers”,that hung out at the Colonial Diner In Kingston.”Grillman” 55 gasser guy , Frank Roudigan was in the group. Owns the Steak House now .(see- http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2411&p=20846&hilit=grillman#p20846 )

tomblake
                                            Participant
                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Found this looking for sumpin else…Did he whip ya Tom ?

Yes he did as I have been reminded many times before. But it was fun being able to race some of the best from back than. And it is even better to have the memories of what we were able to do, now.
                                                The “Little Giant” is really a big giant from Dover’s history.

tomblake
                                                Participant

roxrec…..If losing made us stop trying I wouldn’t be still playing with cars today. It’s close to 50 years from my 1st Dover race.
                                                    The first time I took the E/G 55 I did bring home a trophy and that may be why I couldn’t quit. “Do you want $10 or a trophy” They didn’t have ask me twice, TROPHY of coarse. I sure remember those days.

hearse-bill

Why not is owned by A J Sequin….his dads old car from……Dover…CT….Charstown……still exhists…..He and I had some great Battles for the NETO championship in 2002-2005….

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            OK HERES THE WANT TO BE A LITTLE GIANT !
                                                            ANY TAKERS?
                                                            ‘V’
                                                            http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/2211842694.html

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Sell the engine and other Stock good pieces In Hemmings and get some money back…Like Digger always said..”Anybody can restore a car…It takes a real man to Chop one up”.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.