DOVER DISPLAY PROJECT

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Looking for a few good ( or just handy) carpenters to ‘recreate “AL’s Doghouse” …you know …that signature shed Chet And Joe built to give Al some shade on the line and park some equip. inside. Throw in the back of a pick-up…bring it Friday…Paint it Orange/White and I’ll letter it up to match the old one. Bunch of 2×4’s and some old plywood.I can supply a vast amount of photos to work with. If Ya really get creative …..see if you can “clone” the old Tree they used from 64 to the 70’s .Get real creative and light it up.A cool Display with two real Dover cars posed . This ‘could ‘ be the center of my planned “Dover Display’ Section at the Race….with Cars NOT racing or entering Show. Roped off Pit Area behind Grandstands close to Starting Line .

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Wow…Just Thought …IF we can get a Mannequin with a Black Baseball hat…Brian HAS Al’s “Official Jacket” !

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

WOW Dino, Those wheels of yours never stop turning ❓ ❓ 😆 😆 😆

Frank… 😎

dino
                Keymaster

Got the idea from This …seen last week at AutoRama in Agawam,Mass. Laura & Ron SanGiovanni own the tree & starters booth..Thinks its part of Conn.Street Rod Assn.’s Connecticut Dragway display …Jerry Augustine owns the Gassers.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

I know…show me the gassers…Heres Jerrys Sanzo ‘clone’…he has about 4 more gassers too! …Lives in Middletown,Ct.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Now to be “period’ Correct.-Dovers Orange period……I think Breakaway with ? would be quite appropriate…Late 60’s -early 70’s. Need some Cars to pair up…Guys?…on display,not racing/not over in show area on sunday….we Could Bend the time Frame with Bad News & Hellzapoppin…Who Cares. Roger might not be up to bring the car though.Need to hear from who’s up to build it.

dino
                            Keymaster

We’ll see how long it takes Mikey to notice his car in first pic…..now with over 1450 guys here, you’de think “someone’ could rustle up some scrap wood and throw this thing together.A phoney bag of speedy-dry and a broom for effect 😀 I’ll add the ‘One Burnout only’ sign we always had facing rear on top ,just to get a laugh.

vbob
                                Participant

HEY

I got an old chicken coop not doinin anything down in the backyard you can have!
                                    ‘V’

dino
                                    Keymaster

V-Bob…don’t Laugh…It my be a good source of Raw materials…take a pic.

patina
                                        Participant

Dino, is it my computer or yours, because the time of your post was 5:02PM then today it was 6:02PM now its 5:02PM again. And I havn’t been drinking or sniffing nitro fumes 🙄

Pat

dino
                                            Keymaster

Depends if You’re Logged in and changed to Daylight Savings at your profile.Oh …Back to the Project…V-BOB stood up his chicken coup on end and it might work.

dino
                                                Keymaster

I’m in contact with Laura & Ron SanGiovanni who have the access to the conn. display…would you believe the Christmas tree was bought at a swap meet? They’re in the Conn. Street Rod Assn. and along with ‘founder’ – Don Gallant and some others we should be able to see it , and the club, at our Race.They’ll be getting a letter about it to read at the next club meeting. Also contacting Jerry to bring his fleet of gassers. NOW …Who’s up for the building of the “Dover Display” …My gosh…with all you guys up there in close distance to each other….I could see a great “Build Day’ with Food & Drink…Get the gang together and break out the ‘barbee’, skill saws and hammers. This thing doesn’t take a lot of technology….But it needs to be “Up there” to throw it in a pick-up and bring it to the race. I can even Paint it orange and letter on Friday!..day before …IF IT’s Done & There. Don’t forget a replica of the famous “Tree” I used to call it R2D2 …Who’s gonna volunteer their “shop” -garage and get this going?…Bring tools – a Dover attitude and have some fun with it .Turn off the weather channel and get on the phones.

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Dino, need the best pics of Al’s dog house !!!
                                                        Then we need to see a blueprint to work from.
                                                        Need that for starters!

‘V’

dino
                                                        Keymaster

OK …You got it …I can do a scale rendering…just like I layout signs…And I’ll dig out some photos…First will post the rendering here and include a suggested material list by sizes and board lengths …Do stuff like that all the time.

dino
                                                            Keymaster

I can Send the “Blueprints” to whoever jumps on board this idea…Any Takers?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.