Dover Guys Racin Around the Country

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Dover Guys Racin Around the Country

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

NEW TOPIC…Send or Post your Pics & Stories from ALL over .I’ll kick it of with Former Wingdale ,N.Y. residents ,now relocated in Texas. Errol & Alan Bracey shown at Abilene Dragway over the weekend. Got the right Shirts On …’69 Dover Logo and Summer Jam!

Attachments:

fredrice

I’ll bite…….
            Here is my 68 442 from last year…did not get out but a couple of times this year. Changes for 2014 will be a torque convertor (thanks for the loan Doug Smith!) and some additional distributor massaging. Gotta watch my redline as my numbers matching block could get hurt! 😮

Currently running E/PS (pure stock) and having fun. Joe Huestis and Doug Smith have been encouraging me. (much to my wifes dismay…lol)

Regards,

Fred

john-sachs-sr
            Participant

Kim at our local track, PBIR, the old Moroso.
                Johnny at Carolina Raceway.
                Both 2nd generation racers. We tour together frequently. 🙂
                John, sr.

Attachments:

babycakes
                Participant

Nice shots John! Thank you for sharing! You gotta be ‘PROUD’ of them two!!!! 😉

tomatohead
                    Participant

………. hey , … thats a great picture of you , John 😀 ❗ , ya know when I was in Fort Luaderdale , Fla visitimg my grandmother , years ago , … back in 1980 , I took a ride up to “Palm Beach” drag strip , but I think it was owned by Moroso back then, is that the strip your at in this picture ❓ 😀

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant
                            quote Tomatohead:

………. hey , … thats a great picture of you , John 😀 ❗ , ya know when I was in Fort Luaderdale , Fla visitimg my grandmother , years ago , … back in 1980 , I took a ride up to “Palm Beach” drag strip , but I think it was owned by Moroso back then, is that the strip your at in this picture ❓ 😀

Thanks guys,
                            Mater,
                            Same track, Moroso, was rebuilt several years ago by the new owners. 😎
                            John

john-sachs-sr
                            Participant

Nitrous Express, an associate sponsor, used Kim’s bike on the cover of their 2014 catalog.

Attachments:

tomblake
                                Participant

John….It is great when the kids do good.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Kevin Bleakly At The Valley Friday night Takes a wild Ride 😮

He Remarked on Facebook….”Thanks to the Lebanonvally Dragway crew for helping me, especially Ed and John Rogers Sr.after my crash tonight. I’m about to get my CT scan but I feel ok just really sore and I broke a tooth. Also im sorry for dumping on the track. Never thought I’d ever crash and it was scary as hell. Hope it never happens again”
                                        He Just Posted-Sat 11am…
                                        “I’m good Heading up in a while. Wayne wants to see me. Gotta load up my car and get the 68 ready for tomorrows race.”

patina
                                        Participant

Glad to see you are generally all right Kevin.

Pat

mikey

Sorry about your mishap, Kevin. I hope you are feeling better soon, and I hope you can repair the car. Glad all the safety equipment worked for you, maybe a Hans Device or something similar should be on your “to get” list. Good luck. ……….Mikey :mrgreen:

dino
                                                Keymaster

RE; Kevins Motor Blow-up…Track didn’t give him Ok to drive Sunday after a little concussion and banged up ….SO HIS DAD drove ! (his other car -the white & Blue mustang) Get This…. what He just posted on Facebook:

Kevin Bleakley
                                                    “This has gotta be the proudest I’ve ever been of my father!! He showed that track who’s boss for me! He won his class at Lebanonvally Dragway for the first time! People say there’s nothing greater than a father being proud of the Son but I beg to differ. There’s nothing better than the Son being proud of his father! I love you Dad great job!!!!”

tomatohead
                                                    Participant

If you want to win , well then do it ❗

Attachments:

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Kevin Just Posted this:
                                                            So Joseph Jr DiNardo and I tore most of the engine down and so far almost everything was damaged in one way or another. Looks like a rod bolt snapped, taking out the timing chain(partially saved the heads)then it blew through the pan, 5 or 6 valves touched the pistons(getting them faced). I Scratched 1 Crower solid roller lifter, $hattered 1 push rod, broke the timing chain and retainer, $hattered the timing Set, chipped, gouged and $cratched the $olid roller cam, the block is ruined as well as the crank and piston$$$$$. Does anyone want to donate????

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.