DOVER IN NATIONAL DRAGSTER

Forums Forums THE DOVER CHRONICLES DOVER IN NATIONAL DRAGSTER

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    rcgarren
    Participant

WHEN AND IF WAS THE LAST TIME THAT DOVER WAS IN NATIONAL DRAGSTER, I WAS LOOKING AT MY OCT 7 PAGE 75 AT THE VALLEY RESULTS AND THERE WERE ( DOVER weekend results ) WHAT A RUSH. MAYBE NEXT YEAR THEY WILL RESANCTION DOVER HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 9 months ago by papasmurf.
        vbob
        Participant

hEY

Dover Drag Strip was theeee east coast drag strip !!Just ask the man that was voted #1 drag racer of all times , BIG DADDY will tell you !!!
            Like you said and she’s still making it into a premier racing newspaper !!!!
            Oh,gotta get that historic marker put on the property!!!
            Lets get moving and this ,a good winter project!!!

‘V’

dino
            Keymaster

OMIGOSH…Thats So cool…Marker ? have permission to place on property……working on a “sponsor (Or Two) ….have “vendor” to make out of Bronze….just need a Big Rock to attach it to and a big machine to transport and place said Rock at designated spot. Who’s got a front end loader with-in reasonable distance ?

vbob
                Participant

HEY

Maybe make it out of plastic or some cheap metal.In Ct. they have been stealing man hole covers, storm sewer grates, railroad spikes, veterans markers, alum.siding off houses,copper gas pipes from homes with the gas still turned on! statues in cemeteries,anything made of bronze or other recyclable metal!!!!
                    How bout just carved into stone or cut deep into a granite slab !!!

http://www.catskillcastings.com/markers.htm ‘V’

dino
                    Keymaster

Oh I know about metal theft , ‘V’…ripped out my $2400 heat & Air unit for 30 bucks worth of copper. Totaled the unit. Hence the ‘Big Rock” concept…the Site you linked is Great ! Those things need about 200 lbs. of cement footing to be burgler proof. I’ll give them a shout though.Nice ‘searching” ‘for the cause (Can always count on the V-Mans enthusiasm ) . Now Back to National Dragster . . . . .

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.