Dover mentioned in Hot Rod Feb 09

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover mentioned in Hot Rod Feb 09

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    anthonyc

I just receieved my feb 09 issue of Hot Rod today .On pge 69 is a picture of a 64 Falcon
        at Dover driven by a gentleman by the name of Frank Parrella hes racing against what looks like a 61 or 62 red Corvette.The whole story is about long standing speed shops which is pretty cool and includes NY establishments,S&K speed S&S speed and East Coast speed,good article.

tomblake
        Participant

anthonyc……I got the mag and would have missed the Dover shot if you didn’t post it being in there. Looks like a pretty good crowd on the specter side. I’d bet video bob could add to this one. Thanks.

dino
            Keymaster

WE NEED A Scan & post of this!…IS DOVER mentioned ? or would only Dover Guys recognize the track ?

anthonyc

It says specifically “at the now defunct dover drag strip” .

dino
                    Keymaster

YES ! Thats THREE Magazines in the same month RESURECTING DOVER !…..Ya see the pattern here ! and all the internet sites and forums are happening too (NHRA Insider GHOST TRACKS).

tomblake
                        Participant

Here is a scan of the Hot Rod picture.

dino
                            Keymaster

Thats kind of…..”cute” ?

vbob
                                Participant

Hey

Ya notice the rear wheels are painted the same , half black half white and the colors are in the same position !!!
                                    ‘V’

tomblake
                                    Participant

Video Bob….I’d say shadow but someone might ask.. what about the front wheels?

dino
                                        Keymaster

Just saw this at the grocery store…It mentions East Coast speed in Middletown,N.Y. so……Anybody know the owner and let’s get him on !

dino
                                            Keymaster

Last Post here Interesting….Never got a respnse…EAST COAST SPEED – Middletown ,N.Y, ….any one know some more about it…Article implied it’s still there ???

thekidd312

yes ecs is still there but not much of a speed shop any more mostly into ricer and truck but will order speed parts has few sb chevy stuff in stock.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

Any old Race photos or ? on the walls?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.