Dover pic jet engine

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover pic jet engine

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jackman
    Participant

Imagine driving that one,,,,,,,, think I would rather watch………. Pic found on web search……..

http://community.webshots.com/photo/fullsize/1114863133034166813rRWFdx

dino
        Keymaster

JETS…Dover Had plenty…Untouchable, Doug Rose , Romeo Palamides, Art Arfons….that looks like a “lift” from one of our Historical Photo Disc…But May be the guys private shot. The ODF galleries Now updated to 3500 shots. Historical Photo Dic has about 3000. PLENTY of Jet Shots by various photographers in all differant years.When I get a Chance ,I’ll pull some notables and do a “teaser” in the” Multi-media ” section.

cullyflower

I was always curious as to why on almost every early jet dragster the drivers head was always higher than the
                rollbar if there even was a rollbar. Remember seeing two crashes of jet dragsters they ran fast but didn’t get
                stopped in time to not run off of the end of the track.

dino
                Keymaster

Here ya go -1963 in the Hibbett collection… Romeo Palimedis “Untouchable “…look at the spectators cars !notice track crew ‘moving’ tree out of the way …thats the First short one .

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Richie Shott took this from the spectator side…The Cyclops (Art Arfons)Vs. Untouchable (Romeo P)…History Frozen !

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

great shot of ‘Untouchable” at Full Tilt from Jeff Shlesinger…LOOK AT THE CROWD and up on the finish line hill!

Attachments:

vbob
                            Participant

HEY

AHHH, now thats nostalgia racing, that bank and fence would stop a freight train goin 100 !!!

‘V’

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.