Dover Results May 19 1968

Forums Forums THE DOVER CHRONICLES Dover Results May 19 1968

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    aardvark413

Dover results from May 19, 1968

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

You have to love the Bad spellings and questions in this list ..How did “Doc” win Stock Elim when he’s Not listed as a Class winner?…There’s that “Super” elim again …..Casey goes 100 mph in E/G…Steve Malise listed as AA/GD as that was day of Top Gas Meet. Elsea wins ? AA/FD blowing a blower belt on the line….And Frank Biscoglio Wins Comp.with his “Third Rail” (Pacesetters Drag Team)…And No One has been able to track Frank down…Action Rat, Scinto, Davis…all the Gang represented here ! . . . . .THESE DRAG TIMES Race Results, Spell out All The Facts ,And Why I’m on the “Band Wagon” to Save and Find BEFORE the history is Lost ….LOOK -SCAN -SEND !

mikey

Dino, reading your list of winners, K/S Duke Rozner, SDTA Car Club, Beacon N.Y. 😀 Really made me smile..
                Mikey 😆 😆

dino
                Keymaster

Its from Drag Times..Jack Redd never Known to Proof read much…O/S -Should read Rich Belvel -55 ford …also known for his Jug of Lemonade —-right …Best Vodka cocktails in pits.

maso
                    Participant

I didn’t know that Charlie Boucher ran a C/D. Any pictures of it here…?
                        ….ODF GALLERIES

dino
                        Keymaster

Heres Story to Match Results !…..Maso -There’s Charlies Dragster …sweet ! GREAT RElated Story Here…When visiting Shott before Dover Fest 2010…he asked If we ” played with ” the clocks or timing eqiup., in the awesome first round of related story here. He Blew off Lynch by beating him off the line. He thought we “LET ” him go first! Home boy favorite .I told him Impossible for us to do that. After 35 years ….He was happy to know ,he beat ’em “Fair & Square”. I asked him …what happened in the second round? He said “Who cares-I don’t remember, all I know is I beat Lunch”.Well ..Here’s the complete documentation. He did go on to win the next round AND Almost won the whole thing! Plenty of shots of that day In Terry O’Shea collection In ODF Galleries …just got to search a bit. Thanks for sending this to me Ardvark!

Attachments:

paul-ceasrine

A/S Tony Mone’ ,,, 1968 SS396 El Camino
                                E/S Harris Auto Sales (East Providence, R.I.),,, 1968 340 Barracuda
                                J/S Joe Gerardi,,, 1957 Chevy 150 4-door wagon 283/283Hp F.I.
                                C/SA Vignogna Bothers,,, 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury 426-S Street Wedge
                                SS/CA Jim LeRoux,,, 1968 Hemi Road Runner
                                SS/FA Centolanza Brothers,,, 1967 GTX 440
                                PC

musclecarjohn

Now how cool is that…! 😀

John Lipori
                                    Malise & Lipori AA/GD (under construction)

vbob
                                    Participant

Hey
                                        ‘V ‘

Attachments:

don-kauer

And how could we see a Dover winner list without the Speed man there……..E/G Bill Casey 😀 😀 😀

dino
                                            Keymaster

Burgess in the 442 winning Srock elim.

musclecarjohn
                                                    quote video Bob:

Hey
                                                    ‘V ‘

Awesome…! 😀

musclecarjohn
                                                        quote video Bob:

Hey
                                                        ‘V ‘

Awesome picture Bob…thanks for sharing.

Here’s one from a Drag Racing Pictorial book I have:

Here’s the six top gas circuit cars:

Gerdleman’s dragster w/Eric Fooder driving,that’s Billy Lynch in the passenger seat of the pushcar:

Dad @ Irwindale:

And at Indy where they qualified 13th on the last pass…

I will post up more as time permits… 😀

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.