Dover TRIVIA Contest…

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dover TRIVIA Contest…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    maso
    Participant

Dover Trivia…

Who doesn’t remember this guy…?

or… this guy…?

How ’bout this guy…?

C’mon now… I want NAMES…!!!

maso
        Participant

Who remembers the brothers…

and…

Here’s a tough one…

dino
            Keymaster

Blown Hearse Dickie Doyle-looks like Conn. Dragway
                Charlie Noyes-U.S.Mule
                Billy & Bobby Lagana
                George Breeze & Sabis- Little Giant
                Hemi Coupe – I don’t know ………’dino’

maso
                Participant
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

Blown Hearse Dickie Doyle-looks like Conn. Dragway
                    Charlie Noyes-U.S.Mule
                    Billy & Bobby Lagana
                    George Breeze & Sabis- Little Giant
                    Hemi Coupe – I don’t know ………’dino’

I thought his name was Don Noyes… Do you also remember anything about the clothing that he wore…? More trivia.

The Hemi Coupe: Hint… he went on to running dragsters later. I e-mailed him about this site and he should check in here soon, and I will let him identify himself…!

dino
                    Keymaster

Don is correct…and that coupe must be ,maybe, take a stab ,at Bruce Hertel Right? (Now in Oregon I think)

dino
                        Keymaster

Maso post the coupe on the HAMB…They’ll love it lets see…. Whitewalls – Check, Primer- Check, hemi – check, dirty t-shirt – check …YEP IT’S THE SIXTIES !

maso
                            Participant
                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Don is correct…and that coupe must be ,maybe, take a stab ,at Bruce Hertel Right? (Now in Oregon I think)

Rrrrr…IGHT…!

That’s him and he is in Oragon. I think that he is involved in Salt Flats racing now.

Anyway… Bruce went on to running dragsters and was the runner up at Indy for the class win with this:

Bruce says that it leaned out just a little bit at the top end costing him the race. Don’cha hate when that happens…?!

I told him about this site and he seems enthusiastic about it, but he tells me that he has some difficulty geting registered. Maybe he will check in here soon and find this.

dino
                                Keymaster

Maso…you seem to have quite a photo collection to draw from…fill us in

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

Yeah… but only one of them is actually my own intellectual property. The one of the Tippets dragster and his jeep doing the push start turn around mid track at Dover. You’re welcome to it.

I also have Dennis C. Tate’s three part video on DVD, and from that my ‘puter can take as many still shots as I could ever want… but I wouldn’t want to have a legal problem with him. He’s a nice guy and we know each other from e-mail and telephone corrispondance.

I look forward to seeing more through this effort.

Are you going to have an Internet Photo Archive of Dover pictures soon…? I will really enjoy that.

masracingtd1167
                                        Participant

Ok I have a question. Can you take still shots from old 8mm films. I was told that Tom Acoury has some old films.

maso
                                            Participant
                                                quote masracingtd1167:

Ok I have a question. Can you take still shots from old 8mm films. I was told that Tom Acoury has some old films.

Not directly.

I have some of Dennis’ 8mm film that has been transcreibe onto a disk digitally and from that I can take still shots through the software in my computer that plays it. But I wouldn’t show those here because of Intelectual Property considerations.

maso
                                                Participant
                                                    quote masracingtd1167:

Attn: masracingtd1167

Ummm… Why don’t you let Dennis C. Tate know about those 8mm. films, he is very interested in that. Dennis knows how to have your friend’s analog footage converted to digital DVD and can do it. From that you can easily capture as many still shots as you’d like. Either Dino of I can put you in touch with him if you’d like to do that.

gene-terenzio-sr
                                                    Participant
                                                        quote Maso:

quote dinotheweirdo:

Yeah… but only one of them is actually my own intellectual property. The one of the Tippets dragster and his jeep doing the push start turn around mid track at Dover. You’re welcome to it.

I also have Dennis C. Tate’s three part video on DVD, and from that my ‘puter can take as many still shots as I could ever want… but I wouldn’t want to have a legal problem with him. He’s a nice guy and we know each other from e-mail and telephone corrispondance.

I look forward to seeing more through this effort.

Are you going to have an Internet Photo Archive of Dover pictures soon…? I will really enjoy that.[/qu

he took (barrooooooed ) my tape from dover, and never gave it back, luckily I still have the master,and only if he took the photos himself, is it copyrighted some of that footage is mine.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

ATTENTION : ABOUT VIDEOS…jmb442 (YouTube Video Producer),Me ,Brian M(our Track Historian) and my computer expert (Papasmurf) Are all collaborating on a NEW (With new technology,effects,edditing software) Documentary Video of Dover. Will Post MORE at VIDEO heading.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.