Dover White/Black stripes 69 Z/28

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Dover White/Black stripes 69 Z/28

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    l78-steve

I’m wondering if anyone remembers A Dover White/Black stripes 69 Z/28. I understand the car came from White Plains NY. When I got the car it had some racing goodies on board, scatter shield,drive shaft loop,super shifter etc. No roll bar or tubbing. I found “Beast of the East” scratched on the fuel tank. Hope someone remembers it so I can proudly add a Dover decal to the quarter glass. I never had the pleasure to run your track but was a spectator many times in the early 70s,Great fun. Thanks, Steve G.

dino
        Keymaster

We have “our Ways” of getting info. But How many of those were made? “beast from the east” was the name of Grady & Gommi’s first fueler at Dover in 1964….not a camaro. But a lot of our guys worked at all those Dealerships,and say they can track by VIN # .How ’bout a photo and can we track backwards from who YOU bought it from? Who He bought it from,Etc.

l78-steve

I’ll get a pic. tonight. the VIN is 124379N634767. possibly from Byrne Brothers Chevrolet. The car has been repainted to original so any race evidence on the surface is gone. From what I was told I’m the 4th owner. Originaly from White Plains to Cos Cob CT,then Mt. Kisco. Now Hendersonville NC.

dino
                Keymaster

That will get the guys cooking…Do You possibly have the original paint code? Who did ya get it from in MT.KISCO?…thats prime Dover country.

hvy70ss
                    Participant

I’ll go out on a limb here……possibly, at one time the “MIMI” 69 Camaro? I recall it white with black stripes. It ran Super Stock and then one of the original ProStocks back in the day. I’m probably way off here but maybe?? ❓ 😯

Smitty

l78-steve

The orig. paint code is 50-50, Dover White.

dino
                            Keymaster

….Love it… “DOVER” white…waiting for the Byrne guys and Mt.Kisco group to check in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.