DRAGMASTER EAST gold Car Found ?

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR DRAGMASTER EAST gold Car Found ?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just In From Chuck Fisher
        Dino , I hauled this out of a warehouse a few years ago for a friend that bought and put it back together, the story we got on this car was that it was found hanging (Yes Hanging) from a tree somewhere near Dover years ago, I don’t know if the current owner has ever contacted you in regards to it but we are still trying to find some history on it….. it was originally a gold color and we believe a Dragmaster Chassis…. I pulled from the rafters of a local trucking company and hauled for a friend of mines brother Steve Saroka … he then loaded it in the back of his pickup and hauled it to Maine.

He Then Posted This on Facebook:
        Yesterday I was talking with Dino Lawrence who is a historian of the Dover dragstrip , I was explaining the car to him as we have all been wondering the history of the car….. Bingo!!! within minutes Dino solves the mystery and what a cool car it was ….. Love the pics Dino shared of it in its heyday when it was named the “Dragmaster East” car with what appears to be a 413/426 wedge with the crossram.”

Heres The Car At Dover Blown …before that -carbureted…Not sure if same one. Doug Tippit had one too, in three different paint configurations,…Digging More.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

And Steve Sent This:
            Steve Saroka 10:38am Feb 23
            Dino, chuck fisher just let me know that you sent him some pics of the dragmaster east rail, would really like to talk with you about it. we have it all restored and running it at Winterport dragway here in maine, having a ball with it, running pretty fast!!! I’m on facebook at steve saroka
            Hereit is last July at Track

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Here’s a whole pile of construction Photos…scroll; down …there’s a lot :
                https://www.facebook.com/steve.saroka/photos Can’t View without a Facebook account
                He Now has All the best we had photos of the original car. Me personally? would Redo the appearance to match it historically.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

These guys Now registered on forum…Question …was Before my Dover Days…Car was driven by Dennis Kurimai. Where is HE? and where was Dragmaster East…and the connection to the Dragmaster company ? Think the Gold Vette “the Hustler’ later run out of North Ave Esso -Bridgeport was theirs first . Right? How cool heres the Vette running Tom Blakes “Odd Job” 1965. Tom Akoury later ?with Bill Barth Engine…Headers By John Kurtzman.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Just Talked To STEVE…His Son Jody Drives …They’re Bringing to Our Race! ..Plus Steve is bringing his BLOWN Nova! Oh Roxrec Checked in…said Dragmaster East was on Rt.25 in Monroe,Ct. before you got to Matty’s speed Shop…Didn’t see it last, past the late 60’s .

Steve is ‘gasser steve’ … son jody ‘Gold Digger 80’ on the forum

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

Dragmaster east was in Norwalk Ct around 63 or 4 . The Corvett was Tom Akoury’s

jarhead64

Dragmaster East was on Rt. 25 in Monroe, now occupied by Town Line Auto Body, 781 Main Street Monroe. I believe that’s the first time I met Bill Barth a name some of you may know. Tommy ran the vette out of his gas station on North Ave corner of Island Brook. Later he moved to a gas station in Westport and campaigned a Pro Stock Barracuda, Akoury & Diorio.

Attachments:

anonymous

I talked to Dennis Kurmai about a year ago. He is in California and was doing machine work on racing cars out there. He said the blown version of the Dragmaster chasis set a gas record (no fuel allowed during that period) at Connecticut Dragway. He had no idea where the car ended up.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Al…can you get me his contact info?….Brian & I would want to see what possible photos he has.

anonymous

I spoke to Dennis Kurimai today and he would be happy to give you any information on the car.
                                            His email address is : dkurimai@surewest.net and his phone # is 916-791-7400.
                                            He still does racing machine work but he runs an appraisal business as well.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.