Dutch Classic

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Dutch Classic

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    masracingtd1167
    Participant

Did not have time to post last week . Went to the Dutch last weekend with high hopes after running so well at the dover race .First pass on thursday with a 150 shot of nitrous the car hit the wheelie bar so hard it unloaded the tires and just smoked em.Friday afternoon Q2 the car launched hard went about 5 feet and grenaded the rear . In all my years of racing I have never broken a rear but I made up for it on this one ! it broke so bad it pushed the pinion right out the front of the case pushed the motor forward and bent both motor plates not to mention the concussionI felt inside the car i’m sitting right on top of that thing ! to make matter’s worse somehow a rumor got started that I had to be taken to the hospital ! I thought my weekend was over thinking I could never get it fixed .Fellow Top Dragster race Gary Koeby came by and said he had a rear I could borrow wayne Hofmann was there and said your gonna fix it so we did! What a mess gear oil all over the place metal chips in the housing straightened the motor plates with a big adjustable wrench but we got it done thanks to BJ Wayne Andy Kevin Main and crew. Sat morning Q3 I let go of the button and it just blew the tires right off !Q4 last shot the bump is now 7.08 the car goes right down only the fuel pump that feed’s the nitrous quit right after the eigth mile and the car slowed to a 7.24 I think it would have been around 7.05 ! So that’s it still had a blast and now it’s time to get ready for 2011 I will run in the six’s next year or blow it up trying!

patina
        Participant

Way to go Billy 😎 😎 thats the kind of spirit to have. Brother Mike said he saw you at the Dutch he was visiting for the day (Saturday). We went to the Valley Saturday to participate in the “Circus” car ran good on its only run 11.38 the best so far. Now its time to take it apart AGAIN 🙄 🙄 and try for a full pass next year. We will definitely be using the “open track rental” at the valley it is definitely worth it.

Pat

dino
            Keymaster

V-Bob took this Don Scinto was there:

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                Participant

Hey Billy, thanks for filling us in on all the details of that nasty run.
                    I’m still thinking about sitting over that rear end, Ouch !! 🙂 You
                    must have worked late into the night to fix that damage. Nice job !!
                    I know for sure that you’ll be in the 6’s next year and our buddy Pat and
                    brother Mike will be well into the 10’s. Looking forward to next year !
                    Frank…

frank-j-majauskas
                    Participant

Dino, I took that picture of Don Scinto’s car at the Dutch. Nobody was around
                        the car at that time. I recognized the name and took the shot. Dover guys
                        participating all over the country ! 🙂 COOL !!
                        Frank…

dino
                        Keymaster

Oh…V-Bob sent them as “phone shots’.,..got any more?

frank-j-majauskas
                            Participant

Here’s a few more pics from the Dutch.
                                Frank…

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                Participant

Another Dutch shot,

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

Here’s one of my favorite “55 Chevy ! 🙂

Attachments:

masracingtd1167
                                        Participant

Those guy’s have owned that 55 Chevy for over 30 years ! The Don Scinto car belongs to his son Anthony . Don was there with him.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.