E.J. PotterAt Dover

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION E.J. PotterAt Dover

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

“The Michigan Madman”…. Put it on rear jack, Reved IN GEAR , THEN had a guy kick out the stand……………………nuts

photo courtesy of Tom Blake…GLAD he found it!

Attachments:

maso
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

“The Michigan Madman”…. Put it on rear jack, Reved IN GEAR , THEN had a guy kick out the stand……………………nuts

What was his time and mph…?

storm-king

we were there!

tomblake
                Participant

Here is a couple I found on EJ Potter with the V8 Chevy.
                    Pictures taken in July 1966

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Redman was wondering SO…I did a little ‘research …Found this discription:
                        “. It doesn’t even have a geared transmission, it has the crankshaft running a manure spreader sprocket tied to a combine sprocket driving a reduction gear to the rear dive chain. You sit on the fender, flip the toggle switch fire this baby up and hope the ironic Whizzer sourced fuel tank doesn’t run out of juice before you’re run is over. “

dino
                        Keymaster

Here is a Great Biography : Good Reading -well done :
                            http://www.bangshift.com/blog/The-BangShift-Interview-EJ-Potter-AKA-The-Michigan-Madman.html

Good Quote:
                            Clyde Hensley
                            As the owner of EJs first and last bikes I have to comment on the “jackstand” launch. EJ was Not trying to drive the bikes like a dragster, he was a exhibition only guy that predated funny cars, Art Arfons was another exhibition guy that befriended EJ and took him on the road and got bookings for both, and they filled the stands! The last time he rode the bike was at 1999 Bowling Green, they went to Moroso’s track in Florida next and they would not let him run, they wanted him to produce a drivers license, EJ had no idea you had to have a drag license to run! If you ever saw EJ run you never forgot it! EJ Potter is the most fearless person I’ve ever met! I’m glad I got to know him and got some insight into what made him tick

redman

Thanks so much Dino. That was a great read.

dino
                                Keymaster
                                    quote Maso:

quote dinotheweirdo:

bythe end of his running it …it went 190 he managed 165 at Dover

maso
                                    Participant
                                        quote dinotheweirdo:

quote Maso:

quote dinotheweirdo:

by the end of his running it …it went 190 he managed 165 at Dover

Maybe that’s where “Sneaky” Pete Robinson got the idea…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.