Early ProStock shows at Dover ,incl.SUMMER JAM

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Early ProStock shows at Dover ,incl.SUMMER JAM

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hvy70ss
    Participant

Here’s one to rack the brain,
        Around 73-74, If I remember right, Dover had some Pro Stock exhibition shows. Does anybody remember who was there in those early days of the class? I think I recall Charlie Castaldo (Mopar) and Richie Zul (Chevy) as some of them. Anyone know who else?

Bob Smith

billy-casey

yes bob i rember it well .. bob ingles was another . it was 1973 the first year i ran my 69 camaro E/MP they had rosin down and the line had so much bite i thought i was going to flip over …billy casey SUPER PUMPKIN

quote HVY70SS:

Here’s one to rack the brain,
            Around 73-74, If I remember right, Dover had some Pro Stock exhibition shows. Does anybody remember who was there in those early days of the class? I think I recall Charlie Castaldo (Mopar) and Richie Zul (Chevy) as some of them. Anyone know who else?

Bob Smith

hvy70ss
            Participant

Hey Billy,
                How could I forget Bob Ingles? Speaking of your E/MP 69….have any pictures you could post on the site?

Bob

dino
                Keymaster

BOB………..How’s this ! I saved it . inside cover of the program I put together for the Event. Notice how I was attemping to change Dover’s “image” -logo wise to keep up with the Times. At that time I was running Purple Sun Studios, Charlie was annoncing,and I was trying to get support sponsors to help with the payouts. Did pretty good too! Terenzio Racing Engines put up $500. at this event for the Competition Elim. Winner …plus I’ll post the awards page next to see all the support there was .

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Here’s the Payouts ….Chet & Joe just “Didn’t Get It” about Sponsors,Title Sponsors and getting advertising support. This wouldn’t have happened IF I didn’t persue it. They never did what other track promoters did and it burned them in the end. A year & half later ….the track was gone. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BUSINESS SUPPORT this track had (Read fine print ) of who put up money. These racers-business owners keep the place alive.

Attachments:

hvy70ss
                        Participant

Dino,
                            That’s EXACTLY the program I was thinking of!! I had a copy of it up to about 10 years ago…should have kept it. How ironic…the event was on my birthday in 1974. Even then it seems sponsors were everything or it was the begining of being important. I remember running stock (for trophy) and Concorde Tires paying money in ’74. After that “Summer Jam”, was there any other Pro Stock shows from 74-76? How about Funny Car shows from 74-76?

Bob

billy-casey

Dino @ Bob;… Im getting misty looking at this thinking how much fun and how this was all a very big part of our lives 😥 Billy Casey

quote dinotheweirdo:

Here’s the Payouts ….Chet & Joe just “Didn’t Get It” about Sponsors,Title Sponsors and getting advertising support. This wouldn’t have happened IF I didn’t persue it. They never did what other track promoters did and it burned them in the end. A year & half later ….the track was gone. JUST LOOK AT ALL THE BUSINESS SUPPORT this track had (Read fine print ) of who put up money. These racers-business owners keep the place alive.
                                maso
                                Participant
                                    quote Billy Casey:

hi bob ; i dont know how to do it 😳

quote HVY70SS:

Hey Billy,
                                    How could I forget Bob Ingles? Speaking of your E/MP 69….have any pictures you could post on the site?

Bob

Hay Billy Casey…

Posting pictures is simple enough… I have done it so many times. If you want to post that picture, you have my phone number, call me up and I will walk you through it from here with both of our computers on.

Maso from Bronxville

masracingtd1167
                                    Participant

Those posters would be great to sell at the dover store . I will buy th first one you reproduce.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Maybe a T-shirt You could frame it OR wear it

dino
                                            Keymaster
                                                quote dinotheweirdo:

Maybe a T-shirt You could frame it OR wear it

Done ! See:

Re: DOVER HISTORIC CARS..PICK 8 (Drags Shirts)

dino
                                                Keymaster

SUMMER JAM !!!…Now A Shirt…Funny when you read the early posts here….(Lot of Stuff buried in the Forum-USE SEARCH)….But back to History….Ronald Lyles Didn’t Show…So Ingles was put in ….Heres The Proof we wanted with NEW Photos just in :

Attachments:

dino
                                                    Keymaster

See previous Post About Summer Jam….But heres some otherstuff I dug Up and another Link To “Pro” info:

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2163&p=14127&hilit=aardvark#p14127

Attachments:

mikey

Great pics. Is that car that says “The Farmer” Arnie Beswicks car?? 😮 😯 😆

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Not Beswick He’s a Pontiac guy…This is Jim Sinsel from Baltimore, Maryland at our 1971 NHRA Pro Stock Meet. ’69 with a 430 trans am motor and 4-speed.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.