ELIMINATOR Structure Fine Tuning

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2nd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2010 ! ELIMINATOR Structure Fine Tuning

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Note The Dates from these posts I’ve copied….And The Fact That This Was all Decided last Time and WITHOUT any After Race complaints…Race Ran Great …This is about ELIMINATORS not Rules.

……………by masracingtd1167 on Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:41 pm
        I think we can trust each other enough to just zero out are boxes . If we have to cheat to win this race we dont belong there.In most cases it is a pain to disconnect a delay box so I would vote to just zero our

………….by HVY70SS on Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:27 am
        I’m in total agreement with mas and some others…be on the honor system and zero out the boxes. .Tranny brakes OK? I believe we already settled this with a yes. Thanks!!Bob Smith
        >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ZERO THE BOXES OK -TRANS BRAKES (as Original stated) I SAY: CONFIRMED }

………….by SUPER1304 on Wed Sep 09, 2009 12:46 pm
        Bob,
        I am in total agreement with the honor system. If someone needs the delay box to beat me, then help yourself. As all have said, this is a reunion, not a money race and I only need to be there, meet with old friends and have some fun. God bless all of you.

……………..by patina on Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:38 pm
        I’ll 2nd that. To run the MG again after 40 years and having the two guys that got it going at island in the first place is all the winning I want. I just wish that my friends Ray Kobel (C/G) and Frank Cali (A/G) could be there but they will be riding with me. Pat

……………by pauljbayarinas on Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:07 pm
        i agree i just want to get into the 8’s i’ll be there JUST to have some fun and meet people this is the FIRST FUN GET TOGETHER and hopefully just the beginning disconnect the FANCY STUFF or 0 them out and lets have some FUN pauljbayarinas

masracingtd1167
        Participant

Dino if the vintage dover class was the biggest why not split the class in half by e.t. and it would make the racing closer. Just my 2 cent’s I will go to this race if there are 2 cars in my class or 200 I do not care . We also can not forget this is not just another nostalgia race It’s about friend’s family ,drag racing and that dusty little drag strip we loved so much.

hvy70ss
            Participant

Mas….You’re Good!! Once again you bring this whole thing back to what it was ORIGINALLY intended for…FUN! As far as the comments by others on this thread about some not “zeroing” boxes…Dino and I set this up on a honor system. Removing boxes out of a race car for one event is rediculous and nobody’s going to do it. Again, if you have to CHEAT for a $10 trophy then maybe you need to ask yourself why you are racing anyway!! Boxes are allowed in car zeroed out. If there are those that disagree with our decision I’m sure you all can find another track to race at that weekend.

Bobby Smith

lee-valentine

I think the race was fine the way it was run. If you think splitting up the larger eliminators is needed I’m ok whit that. As long as you have a Dover new elimiminator I am OK with the rules as they stand. I told quite a few old racers that did not attend the first race how good it was and they will come this year , but they are in the same boat as me they are current Nhra-IHRA racers and only have late model race cars,post 1976. Thanks Lee. 🙄

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote masracingtd1167:

Dino if the vintage dover class was the biggest why not split the class in half by e.t. and it would make the racing closer. Just my 2 cent’s I will go to this race if there are 2 cars in my class or 200 I do not care . We also can not forget this is not just another nostalgia race It’s about friend’s family ,drag racing and that dusty little drag strip we loved so much.

THIS is BY FAR the BEST solution I’ve Heard….Will require Some “Extra Work” for Our Event Crew…so Bobby and Who ever wants to assist CAN WORK IT OUT . TWO “VINTAGE Elim’s…. Vintage 1 and Vintage 2 or A-B Or ? Split by Time trail “Qualifiying ” ET, and Run Close on Sunday. DONE! NOW lets ‘Pump up” interest in COMP (Rails -Altereds-Blown Anything) and 4-SPEED …Want to see a lot MORE Nostalgia Super Stock And More Organized “GROUPS ” Participating —NEW TROPHY ! BEST ATTENDING CLUB OR RACING ASSOCIATION !!!!! Oh-Real Groups/Clubs…Not : Pats Sicilian Racing Armada .

patina
                        Participant

Just thinking over a cup of Espresso splitting is very good but where? After qualifying time trials and the times posted, if say 120 cars and average time is 11.5 then 4.00 to 11.50 vintage 1 then 11.51 and up in vintage 2

Back to my biscotti.

Pat

dino
                            Keymaster

Half Way ….120 cars …Top fastest 60- one group …the slowest in the other one…fastest one won’t run slowest one ,pair ’em up tight for first round , drivers will pair up with posted opponent .find your “buddie” and get in lanes correctly First Round Action to be interesting …second round…we go round robin …Staging lane crew will get ya hooked up to be close again ….11’s with 11’s…12’s with 12’s …jus like the old days. Half the field gone by round three and it’s a free for all .We’ll also put Rails against rails …altereds against altereds In COMP. for more realistic ‘Photo Opts’. Got plenty of lanes to sort with…..I’m back to work with a pepsi…..Behave kids.

dino
                                Keymaster

Done Deal ………….Bobby Smith? What say you?

hvy70ss
                                    Participant

Hello All,
                                        I’m going with what worked SO well for us last year: Dover Vintage (up to’76) and Dover New (after ’76). Only change is splitting the ET breaks based on car count. Example:
                                        Vintage 1-0.00-11.50
                                        Vintage 2-11.50-and up

We can do the same in Dover New if there is enough cars…I’m sure there will be.
                                        As Dino said we need a head count ASAP. I like the idea of pairing up dragsters/altereds/roadsters together….we’ll handle that in the lanes.
                                        Exhibition match races…GREAT IDEA!! Fans will love it. Heads up,first to the stripe wins. I’d go full tree..no pro tree. Dover was closed when pro tree came out..let’s keep it”authentic”.

Bobby Smith

…………………He’s the Man! “Event Director”-dino

dino
                                        Keymaster

Things All set Here…Lets Run “EM !

fastlane

JUST MY TWO CENTS ON THE MOTORCYCLE CLASS. I MYSELF WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE OLDER BIKES RACING AS I COULD NOT MAKE IT LAST YEAR. NOT THAT THERE ARE THAT MANY OLDER BIKES STILL RACING LIKE MY PRE-76 HARLEY SPORTSTER BUT A SMALLER AND MORE QUALITY SELECTION IN THIS CLASS WOULD BE COOL ALSO . SEEING A NEXT TO BRAND NEW BIKE WIN LAST YEAR. NOTHING AGAINST THE WINNER HE TRAVELED PAID HIS FEES AND WON FAIR AND SQUARE. BUT I KNOW THERE ARE STILL A VARIETY OF OLDER HARLEYS AND MAYBE EVEN SOME OLD TRIUMPH B.S.A. AND NORTON BRITISH DRAGBIKES SITTING AROUND AND SINCE ITS A DIAL IN CLASS MAYBE I CAN TRY TO GET SOME OF THESE GUYS TO BREAK OUT THERE OLD IRON AND MAKE IT MORE RECOGNIZABILE TO THE OLDER GENTLEMAN WHO REMEMBER THESE TWO WHEELERS FROM BACK IN THE DAY. SOME OR MOST OF THE OLDER HOT RODDERS I REMEMBER EVEN HAD THESE AS STREET BIKES IN THE STAMFORD LOWER FAIRFIELD COUNTY AND NEW YORK AREAS. JUST A THOUGHT. I WOULD GLADLY HELP WITH THIS IF DINO AND THE OLD DOVER RACERS GIVE ME SOME INPUT. BACK IN 2005 FIVE YEARS AGO WE SETUP THE FIRST NOSTALGIA M/C RACING CLASS WITH N.E.T.O. AND THEY LOVED IT . WE EVEN MANAGED TO GET ABOUT FOUR TO SIX SPONSORS TO ADD PRIZES TO THE POT. CHRIS FASTLANE . 😀

dino
                                                Keymaster

Couple of things….No “POT” IF you want to run A Bike Gamblers Race …you can set that up umoungst yourselves -Got all day Sat (Time Trials) to Play. Second …Understand Old & New..Added Bike class last year late in the game .wasn’t considered originally . Plan we can do, is pair up first & Second round BY YEAR of Bike …Old runs Old ….New runs New …Bobby can do that easy .Plenty of staging lanes to work with.Kinda late to Add a whole new elim for like pre ’76 . If we knew Well in advence …might consider.We’ll work on that for next year .

mikey

I don’t know where my Willy’s will fit, except in Old Dover I guess. Still have not run the car all out, but Island should give me plenty of opportunity to do that. I’m assuming after time trials, we dial the time we want to run, and it gets put on the window? I don’t really care, I’m just curious, I’m going to be there to have a good time. Let me know if I can help with anything. Oh,by the way, how “by the book” are the Island Tech guys going to be, any idea? Just wondering.
                                                        ………………….Mikey 😆

BY THE BOOK -NHRA all the way …contact Bobby Smith with Tech questions… user name :HVY70SS [dino-edit]

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.