ENGLISHTOWN on TV..watch for Video -Bob!

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION ENGLISHTOWN on TV..watch for Video -Bob!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Just sent the ‘Attic Rat ‘…(Video BoB)…A banner …he’s going to hold it up this Sunday , on the Pre-race show 11.am.-11:30am … ESPN ? Bob fill us in ! ….set your VCR….Plan is is to get DDS.com on camera for millions to see…Says: ” Log On Now ! DoverDragStrip.com “…..plenty of ODFs planning to attend.

digger

we are going to englishtown dino

dino
            Keymaster

Look for the Dover Shirts…Lot going ….Bob McArther with G/A cavieler…Rich Dubois -drove Glass slipper in ’61 !…all the NETO guys…Video Bob and his groupies…Penn.,Jersey, and Md -south forum members too….Hook up …pick time & location ! Group shot !

jmb442

I’m going on sunday, hope it doesn’t rain. To help get fired up. here’s a
                    picture from the same date….41 years ago. The 4th annual Springnationals at
                    Englishtown,june 14-15-16…..1968. V-Bob, hold that banner up high,so I can get a nice picture!!
                    Joland, 845-417-1743

Attachments:

vbob
                    Participant

HEY

Kool pic ,I found this t shirt in the attic under E !!

‘V’

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

OK… welcome to the Englishtown tribute page 😆

dino
                            Keymaster

just in from Video Bob….on the road to E-Town……(Fri-9:55)

Hi,
                                I’ll have on my DDS shirt as always.
                                I’ll be on the lookout for any ODF’s!!!
                                like i said ,I always sit under the bud sign top row,after 2 pm the sun goes behind you and theres always a breeze up on the top rail, OH- you have the fence to rest your back against – Oh then you can stand up without being in anyones way Oh Oh Oh you can see the jumbo vision screen for replays really good !!!
                                When I’m at the truck ,Ill put the banner on the windshield .I park right near the entrance gate ,tons of peps walk by,Oh – I save like 6 parking spaces next to my truck, I put chairs out with rope to save places then when a place is taken you just real some line in and close the gap !!
                                Been there, done it since the 60’s!………………Video – Bob

bobby-s

V-Bob

Oh Oh Oh Oh TAY, 😆 🙄 😳

dino
                                    Keymaster

Top Fuel Qualifying Doesn’t Show Lagana?

anonymous

His name was not on yesterdays Top Fuel entry list. He sometimes does not make the first session and does the night time one to run a faster time.

Andy

dino
                                            Keymaster

Afternoon rained out…started at 2:30…they callled it at 5…Lagana a no-show…racing to start at 11am…watch for V-BoB and the DDS.com banner.

dino
                                                Keymaster

Check YOUR listings….My… NHRA Today …is on at 12 noon Time-Warner cable.

dino
                                                    Keymaster

OK …Saw it plain as Day (The Banner)_ V-Bob on the case ! …Noticed a Slight modification on it though 😯 …A hole …right where ‘,COM” was supposed to be ….Called Bob and found out—-> Just before airtime …”official” came by and said “NO .Coms” so luckily, Mike had a pocket knife , and cut it out qiuck. He’s already got Prudhomne amd others to autograph it …hooked up with Randy Fish, Lance Demarzo & Andy K. …and a Bunch of other Dover Guys…Even GROVER was there !.I’m sure He’ll be posting the many photos He took ,once home.

dino
                                                        Keymaster

HEY BOB …Great Resonse from Banner …See Maso’s “I saw It” and check this out:

my names bob schelb.many years at the track.ran a pinto in mod mini and awhile with a aa/fd.lived in danbury at the time.dino used to go over to fore n aft.hung with big jim the doorman.the good ole days.met my fitst wife there.glad i found this.——–>>>>>>was watching nhra today and someone in the backround had a sign “rember dover drag strip” logged on and here i am.living in az now but still into cars.retired and have 05 mustang gt with toys added.great to be here.if anybodys here in az get in touch,would be fun.

maso
                                                            Participant

Go se this: http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1261

I should have posted that here. 😳

Attn: Dino… you could move my post to here if you want to.

Maso

…..Its ok [Edit-Dino}

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 37 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.