Equalizer Truck

Forums Forums CURRENT MEMBERS RIDES / RACING Equalizer Truck

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Well it’s official………I can talk about it because the vehicle is in my garage…..I’ve started on the new race car today……….Not my car of choice but it is a Chevy and I will have it done for the 2011 season….A nice clean 1984 G Body El Camino that is being stripped as we speak…If anyone in the M and M crew needs parts cheap get in touch with me…Mikey has my numbers……Pics and details to come…….. 😀

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Way to go brother ! I knew it wouldn’t be long before you had your own ride.
            Can’t wait to see this build. Yeah baby !!! 🙂
            Frank…

mikey

Good for you. Let me know what you’re getting rid of, and either you or I can post it on the M&M For Sale Section, or maybe Rich might be interested. You going to back half it? Maybe Ladder-bar, or 4 link? Rich’s is Ladder-bar, with Alden American coil -overs. Car hooks like a champ. He’s got a mild 468BBC in it, it’s pretty quick. He also has a rack and pinion steering set up, but I’m not sure what it is, other than manual. Hope I see you at Island. ………….Mikey 😆

P.S. Don, a lot of the guys with Elcamino’s call them “Crucks”. 😮 😯 😆

don-kauer

Picking up my new motor tomorrow………As stated on a previous post not my car of choice and not my choice of a motor but they ARE both Chevy……..I’m a smallblock guy and this is a big block 402…….On the positive side it was done by Mr. Lloyd Reilly, owner of my choice of machine shops…..RCE Machine………….A large plus…….I know it will last and I’ll go fast……Mr Roxrec cut me a great deal on this big block that was supposed to be for one of the Roxbury Fleet, basically an offer I could not refuse……………….So I’m on new ground for the 2011 season……….After a 12 plus year layoff I’ll running what I used to tow with (a big block chevy P/U) 😎 ………Won’t be the first time I ran one of my tow cars… 😆 😆 😆

mikey

Congratulations Don, I’m really glad you are moving forward with the “cruck”. 😀 I can’t wait to see some pics. Take your time, you have a nice long winter ahead. Hope your shop has heat. …………..Mikey 😆

don-kauer

The Elco has been halted and by tomorrow should be in someone elses hands……This is NOT a bad thing and something new is in the works 😀 (I hope ❗ )………………Keep you posted……….. 😎 Maso, I’ll probably be needing a different avatar shortly 😳 ……..Thanks……..

tomatohead
                            Participant

…….. Don , I was hoping to run the “Super Pumpkin” in the time trials at the 2nd race but the trans problem ended that but was lucky enough to run “V-BOB” in the Vega and I thought I was really havin some fun NOW ❗ so yea go head get the “CAMINO” on down the road , maybe you need a 78 Malibu with a 350 or something , then maybe I will be lucky enough to get to line up next to you 😀 it would be real fun 😀 …………. Lebannon Valley here YOU come ❗

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.