Event Planning underway….

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 11th ANNUAL DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTALGIA DRAGS 2019 Event Planning underway….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

FIRST …not to open a can of worms…But I -You-Us have got to trim the Sunday Schedule…Wayne is ‘kinda ” open to at least go to one time trial for Sunday only arrivals . Move some dead baggage Eliminators again…Sorry but we only had 4 in the 409 Elim….. Dover new “originals” had only 13 cars…..Most didn’t pre-enter if they even saw the instructions….and we already trimmed Comp & the Bikes. DOT was new this year but not that good for participation or fans. Also some Groups will be either put into Saturdays schedule or possably eliminated. I expect good -bad & silly responses…But my daddy always said,”The more ideas you come up with ,the higher percentage of good ones will appear”.SO …let me have it.One Idea is to Run first rounds on Sat…That would Mean “IF” your gonna run on Sunday,you have to run on Sat Too. Its Three days now ! …No Sunday only commandos. Exact Date coming ‘very’ soon.

dino
        Keymaster

YES …I have looked at all the other associations Eliminator brackets …And most … Well… a litle confusing…some with drastic year cutoffs and vague ET breakdowns.

dino
            Keymaster

Many have said Go Back to Pre-76. The year Dover Closed…That eliminates 77-78-79-& 80 cars. Need some feedback on this from those that would be put out…Was that way(Pre-76) up to 9th annual ..Only added up to 80 this year for 10th.

dino
                Keymaster

NOTICE …. just talked to Wayne (rained out today at Lebanon) Since we got no feedback here on ideas…Me & Him worked IT ALL OUT . Top be honest ,we’ve been on the phones for weeks. Waiting for Div. 1 Schedule and other dates had to be confirmed.Since 2011-our first at Lebanon, I have say Wayne has been a absolute total joy to work with …and has been one of the key assets to the events continued success. Shoulda been a Dover Guy back when. ITS A Done Deal for all the Days schedules / Classes/ and general ‘trimming’ of sunday to get the Show to end earlier and still put on a great event ………..

AS OF TODAY :
                    DATE: SEPT 27-28-29
                    …Div. 1 Bracket finals the week before at Lebanon
                    YEAR CUTOFF: 1976 or earlier
                    …only did pre 80 this year ,all previous years Pre 76 ( Year Dover Closed)
                    SUNDAY TIME TRIALS:
                    ONE
                    …got Friday & Sat to run as many as you arrive early enough to do.
                    SUNDAY START TIME;
                    …Now 9am…you come late ,don’t complain you didn’t get a time trial.
                    SUNDAY TECH :
                    7:30 Am

We encourage at Least TWO DAY PASSES (get Teched Sat)
                    ….OR Even THREE DAY PASSES ( Get Teched Friday)

ELIMINATORS:
                    No Bike
                    No 409 sorry guys ,only 4 cars this year
                    Keeping: D.O.T (pre 76 now)
                    Keeping : Vintage & Modified
                    Keeping : Dover Electronic
                    Keeping: Dover 4-Speed
                    Keeping: Dover ‘ORIGINAL’ New- YOU MUST BE PRE-ENTERED with Verification By JULY 30) as
                    a Original Dover racer or relitive ( son-daughter -nephew-niece-brother or sister) Contact ME 910-997-4444 or E-mail dino@doverdragstrip.com You don’t pre -enter-you don’t run

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.