EXCLUSIVE FAMOSO TESTING PHOTOS

Forums Forums ANY OTHER PHOTOS EXCLUSIVE FAMOSO TESTING PHOTOS

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    randy-fish

Here’s a sneak preview of what’s in store for this weekend’s 51st Bakersfield March Meet. Photos Courtesy of Lou Hart.

Attachments:

bossguy

The Champion Speed Shop FED looks like it borrowed the windshield from the mystery “Slipper” car from the 60’s? Great photos Randy!

randy-fish
                quote bossguy:

The Champion Speed Shop FED looks like it borrowed the windshield from the mystery “Slipper” car from the 60’s? Great photos Randy!

I can’t wait to see this thing up close and personal. I believe this is the first effort for the McLennan family since veteran Rance McDaniel suffered a bad crash in the Champion Speed Shop Fueler several years ago. When I reviewed the full-size file, I noticed the familiar AJPE (Alan Johnson Performance Engineering) logo on the cylinder heads. I’m sure they’re works of art and it’ll be interesting to see the rocker system. What’s not to like about a small-block Chevy on nitro?

bobby-s

Thanks Randy
                    pictures made my day after plowing 12 ” of FRESH 🙄 snow
                    for 7 hrs.

Thanks Brian also for the pictures of the Twin Shotgun Experss. 😉

bobby s

randy-fish
                        quote BOBBY S.:

Thanks Randy pictures made my day after plowing 12 ” of FRESH 🙄 snow for 7 hrs. bobby s

My pleasure, Bobby. I just got off the phone with my good buddy who takes care of my place on Bolton Lake in Connecticut. He got stuck in a snow bank while plowing and lost one end of his four-wheel drive earlier in the day. Hang in there, guys. Daylight Savings starts on March 8 and I’m working on my Ferro & Terenzio feature.

storm-king

I know there will never be an end to the arguments over this, but; that Firbird and Camaro are not nostalgia funnycars. Neither are the ones with the big front overhangs. they are not even close to the real deal. I guess in a sport which went through such rapid development during those first several decades, its hard to pick a spot and call it “this is the right period” because that also exists in different eras for different poeple.

randy-fish
                                quote storm king:

I know there will never be an end to the arguments over this, but; that Firbird and Camaro are not nostalgia funnycars. Neither are the ones with the big front overhangs. they are not even close to the real deal. I guess in a sport which went through such rapid development during those first several decades, its hard to pick a spot and call it “this is the right period” because that also exists in different eras for different poeple.

FYI — It’s getting better, though. The radically enhanced Firebird body that Pulde was campaigning (DRAG RACER March ’09) has been replaced. Dale told me, “I didn’t like it either. That’s what came with the deal and thanks to John Powers (Powers Steel), I have the opportunity to do this again.”

Also, the Camaro pictured here is the replacement for “Code Red” which previously had a large front overhang, which really looked disproportional. Cars with unusual dimensions like that are the result of bodies that have not had the proper labor in order to make them conform to the chassis dimensions. Steve Plueger (and crew) put countless hours into fine-tuning his Plueger & Gyger Mustang dimensions before putting it on the race track. The front wheel openings were adjusted, the sides were pie cut and the rockers were altered. Not everybody goes the distance like Plueger. Regardless, the Nostalgia Funny Car movement is still the hottest thing in drag racing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.