EXCLUSIVE WINTERNATIONALS PHOTOS

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION EXCLUSIVE WINTERNATIONALS PHOTOS

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    randy-fish

Here ‘ya go, Dover Dudes. Scroll down to the Multimedia section and look for “Any Other Photos” where you’ll find a few shots from today’s Winternationals Media Luncheon. It was held in the Top Eliminator Club, emceed by Bob Frey, with John Force, Robert Hight, Ashley Force Hood, and Antron Brown as panelists.

Force spoke last, took the most time (apologizing to his fellow competitors), and mentioned how Elton John taught him the importance of change. Then, John said, “This ain’t no Obama speech, ‘cuz all he talked about was change, but we’re debuting a brand new Castrol brand, new paint scheme, and new uniforms.”

Bob Frey asked him how his health was a year after coming back from catastrophic injuries, and Force said, “I’m okay. I still work out every day, I got my weight where it needs to be, I’m not as good looking naked as Antron Brown, but I’m doing the best I can.” Frey quipped, “That’s gotta be the first time there was a sentence that contained the words Elton John, naked, and Antron Brown all at once.” And . . . the crowd went wild.

Force gave each media rep a diecast of his new car, a new embossed hero card, and a goodie bag. NHRA served a nice buffet lunch with salad, green beans and carrots, chicken, rolls, and cheese cake. You heard it first from “The Source.”

vbob
        Participant

Hey

Randy,and here Iwas gonna take a week off and fly out for the green beans , cheese cake and races!!
            Folks, we got it all right here !!!Just keep your pc and ESPN on this weekend and you wont miss a beat!!
            Thanks again Randy,hey any snow on the mountain tops this year and Randy said this is work !!!!

‘V’

randy-fish
                quote video Bob:

Hey

Randy,and here Iwas gonna take a week off and fly out for the green beans , cheese cake and races!!
                Folks, we got it all right here !!!Just keep your pc and ESPN on this weekend and you wont miss a beat!!
                Thanks again Randy,hey any snow on the mountain tops this year and Randy said this is work !!!!

‘V’

Mr. V-Bob! Hey, I’ll be flat-out for the next four days, but I’ll try to keep shooting you guys a few sneak previews. I don’t have much left in the tank after these national event 12-hour days, but we’ll see. Tomorrow night I have the debut of a new Shelby Mustang (I think it’s a Don “The Snake” Prudhomme Limited Edition), followed by a sit-down dinner with Snake, Shelby, Jerry “The King” Ruth, Ed “The Ace” McCulloch, and Mike Dunn. I’ll probably skip Friday’s “Night of Champions,” but Saturday night is our buddy’s collectible show, so I’ll have to check that out.

By the way, the weather forecast sucks. It’s supposed to start raining tomorrow afternoon, into Friday, with scattered showers expected Saturday. It’s been in the low 80s for the last week and tomorrow it’s supposed to be (maybe) 65. I know you guys are expecting a Nor’ Easter, and I fear that’s gonna screw up the gate for Frank Maratta Jr. If you can, though, please try to support the 50th Annual Frank Maratta’s Auto Show in Hartford. I just left Frankie a message wishing him well and hoping for the best (weather and gate). Anyway, take care VBob. We love ‘ya!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.