Facebook

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Facebook

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Wondering why the site is so empty…………Did some moving around and it seems to me that most Dover posts and members have moved to Facebook…….WTF…..I so hate changes ….I know this will not mean much and I really don’t give a rat’s ass if it does or not but if that is where this is going I’M OUT….You guys like all this new crap…..I will not be part of this………No bull shit Dino pull my password, email and my name off for good………..Don’t be shocked….This is how I do life…………….

patina
        Participant

Don I have a FB account but don’t use it. I don’t like it either but if you’re trying to find someone that’s the latest way, kinda like going from the flagman starter to the christmas tree, things are changing everyday. Happy Thanksgiving Brother

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

Hey Don, What ever direction you go my brother, I still love you ❗ 😮
                Myself like Pat , I also have a Facebook account and use it mostly to communicate
                with the CT Dragway guys. Hope you have a great Thanksgiving weekend… 😀

Frank… 😎

tomatohead
                Participant

….” Don ” 😀 I have a facebook account too, but dont talk to anybody on it , its just for me to post pictures for friends and family 😀 who dont go to the Dover site , and I am with “Frank” and “PAT” still love ya 😀 and ALL the Dover Guys I met through the site ❗ facebook cant take that away ❗ 😀

rcgarren
                    Participant

I have noted that the last few years the reunion pic’s have dropped off, but you tube has all the videos. As far as face book is concerned don’t we all have a face book account but I don’t see much about Dover.

mikey

I’m not happy either, although I do have a Facebook account. 😯 I don’t remember anyone telling us that this was going to happen. 👿 Oh well, shit happens. 🙄 …………………………. :mrgreen:

dino
                            Keymaster

DON….Probably my fault for being so tied up …I haven’t Posted Much in a bunch of weeks. Seems I ‘start’ topics and post things to ‘keep the ball’ rolling. Can Say This…In the process of Scanning a ton of new Photos…For YOU ODF’s There IS a Whole NEW ODF Photo Gallery with NOW 4000 shots. I Did Start a Dover Facebook page just for the purpose to aim folks to the Forum. Here’s the Deal. Facebook is a Social Blog.Every time you post a new post, all the previous “go Down’ and then out of sight, unless you take the time to scroll endlessly.. It’s an ongoing Stream. With A Forum …Like ours with multiple Headings ,you can browse around and pick topics in those headings to open up. Back To the NEW ODF Galleries…We A Pulled All the Videos and some other Things Off it .Plans are to Make a Whole New Video Section . Remember…the ODF Galleries are for “members’ That lifetime fee was designed to help defray the cost of Running the site(that goes up every year-Server charges-programming-domain name fees and More) .Roger.. Heres the Dover Facebook Page….
                                https://www.facebook.com/dover.dragstrip?pnref=story Now This is a “Like” page .To make one you first need a “Friend” page .. not my idea But that’s what they do .I’ve found Tons of new guys ,I wouldn’t have and we have gotton more registered here because of it .I go fishing in a lot of ponds,including other forums. Mikey…”WHAT” weren’t you told? Now Lets get to The New ODF Photo Gallery. GO HERE
                                and READ all the posts
                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4482
                                …We have way over 300 (I thinK) ODF members But FEW have Registered the ‘new’ way to View all the new stuff. I get an E-mail when you ‘apply a’nd Activate you…NOTE …I won’t Approve You IF you’re Not an existing ODF MEMBER.

DON….This is a open Forum…I can’t be the only one to post stuff….Some find it way too easy & convenient to play on FaceBook. Maybe If you guys searched through all the topics and Replied With Your Info…you’d see a more replies and more ‘action’.Here’s A topic that rarely gets any response…can’t figure that out either???:
                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=60
                                Or This One:
                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=35
                                And then theres:
                                http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=9

About YOUTUBE videos…Those Are posted by many individuals…I’ve contacted most to get copies, but get very little response. Spend many hours weekly on the phone tracking stuff down.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.