Feb. 3 – "Little Frankie"

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Feb. 3 – "Little Frankie"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    don-kauer

Welcome home Little Frankie……Because of John and your friends you are here with the Old Dover Racers……And welcome home to all my brother and sister vets who are mia or did not make it home…..I think about ALL of you, EVERY DAY……………….Don………..18th Airborne.. Platoon D,, Alfa Co…….Cambodia 196…..Whoops, I almost forgot !!! We weren’t there!!!!!!!!

dino
        Keymaster

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=1781

“Wall” website -under Frankies name …”See you at Dover” decal .Probably the only referance for a Vet there of Dover.Frankie and Rox would be taken to Dover By Smokey every Sunday,before they couild drive. Thats the connection, and Smokey had Azzarito as a sponsor on his Henry J gasser.Like so many other lost Dover “family”… we hope we don’t forget , by remembering them here.

Attachments:

patina
            Participant

roxrec bring an 2 extra “Little Frankie” decals. Ever since I saw the name, I wondered about the story behind it. I was in
                Delta Co. 2/8. 1st. Air Cav. in Viet Nam and was hit on Aug. 12 1969. I proudly fly the 1st Cav. emblem on the MG and the “Little Frankie” decal will go perfect on my 57 Chevy. I had a 57 when I got drafted and sold it and this one is slowly getting finished. Don I wasn”t in Cambodia either securing a downed LERCH.

dino
                Keymaster

My Dad was a Ranger, WWII

Attachments:

smokey-dragct
                    Participant

I KNEW LITTLE FRANKIE SINCE HE WAS AROUND 9 YEARS OLD. THEN I MET HIS FRIEND JOHN. THEY WERE SOME PAIR GREAT KIDS.I TOOK LITTLE FRANKIE AND JOHN WITH ME ON SUNDAYS UP TO DOVER.I WORKED PART TIME MOSTLY IN THE WINTER FOR BIG FRANK AT AZZARITOS ESSO. I WAS THERE THE DAY THE MARINES CAME TO TELL HIM THAT HIS SON WAS MISSING IN ACTION.BIG FRANK WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER THAT.SAD DAY FOR ALL. JOHN WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND HE HAS KEPT LITTLE FRANKIES MEMORY ALIVE ALL THESE YEARS.GOD BLESS YOU JOHN AND LITTLE FRANKIE.
                        SMOKEY

dino
                        Keymaster

getting misty down here……..I never knew at the time the truth….Do now…Thanks John

Attachments:

don-kauer

Hey, We’re Home . The real heros like Little Frankie are not…..We should NEVER forget……..Hey V, Welcome home buddy………Don………

vbob
                                Participant

HEY
                                    May he rest forever in GODS loving peace!
                                    AMEN
                                    ‘V’
                                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC4tpeN6pj4&feature=related

vbob
                                    Participant

HEY
                                        from my footlocker.
                                        ‘v’

Attachments:

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY
                                            you can make a visit!
                                            ‘V’
                                            http://thewall-usa.com/info.asp?recid=1781

afx11

Remembering

dino
                                                Keymaster

Wish we could ALL say that……Frankies name will have a wild ride soon…..Mystery Mopar team on the case !

patina
                                                    Participant

Hey John I got them made up for out side of the car. Will wait till your here to put them on.

Pat

vbob
                                                        Participant

HEY
                                                            Ahh,just one of those days when the rain never seems to stop as if the heavens cry out for them !!Go to the Vietnam Veterans Memorial site on rainy days like this when there’s not much to do and look at whos birthday it is and say a prayer!
                                                            Today,March 30th is the birthday of 143 men and 204 gave up thier lives on this day!!
                                                            Won’t you pay a visit!
                                                            ‘V’
                                                            http://thewall-usa.com/

patina
                                                            Participant

S&S Racing just left we had a good time and lunch, but more importantly is we talked about old times, I never knew Little Frankie or met Speed Casey untill the Island Race but have come to know the stories and the guys like we have been long time buddy’s. I usually have 2 or 3 or more meanings behind things I do and today I took off all of the decals on my 57 Chevy and put these on because the mean more to me than what was on there. By the way in case you are wondering I just thought up S&S Racing (Schimer and Schlagel)

Pat (Patina Engineering) My kids PATrick and ChrisTINA

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 34 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.