FIELD TRIP REPORT ! Dover Guys Returned to the Track Nov.1

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION FIELD TRIP REPORT ! Dover Guys Returned to the Track Nov.1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Initial reports from Video Bob on the Dover CSI secure communications system Confirm …14 Dover Guys successfully infiltrated the Original track property without incident @ 10:30am Today… The Recon team included Group leader Brian M., Bob Krosky, Skip North, Richie Head, Paul B., Video Bob, Bobby S., and others. After a breakfast briefing at old Adams Diner, where a Dover T-shirt was bought by an interested bystander…the team “embarked” on their Mission. Plenty of serveillance photos AND Video taken. Video Bob says they got a PAIR of ORIGINAL P.A. SPEAKERS !. YES ! photos coming. Among other relics discovered were numerous glass Pepsi bottles and wide mouth “Chug-A-Mugs”. Some of the attendees hadn’t been on the property in over 35 years….lot of emotions flowing……”you could almost hear the engines firing up”. The team then went to the old Sam’s to check it out . Expect more here as the the guys get back to there computers . Great Job guys !

dino
        Keymaster

Brian just checked in from the old Sam’s …Looks like the Jan. Dover Fest is gonna shape up better than expected! More room inside now..the old juke box is gone and a Pool room added (Billiards Bob,not swimming)…local customers planning to attend too!

vbob
            Participant

Hi,
                Well, the field trip came off without a hitch!!
                I took a lot of video and will snail mail it to the lab for posting on this site middle of next week!
                I have, (I even find it hard to believe),in my posseion, a pair of Dover sneakers taken off an original pole by my myself this morning after much hunting and numerous trips back to the cooler !!!

Her they are!! Read and weep!!

‘V’ Bob

Attachments:

dover1320

Dover’s new mayor here wait I mean Historian .Thanks to all, that came , I had a good time. Skip North was there also and brought the F.T.A banner.It has not flown there,for more than 35 years . It was like the razing of the flag at the end of WW2, a sight to see. Bob found a classic Pepsi bottle which he gave to Richy H . Bob scaled the rock ledge at the finish line like a Puma. He reclaimed his old seat up there, which is the best seat in the house. We went down to the old Gene’s 1900 -(Sams) now called Jayces to work out details for Doverfest, many are interested . The O.D.F’s are coming town !!! Brian M

dino
                    Keymaster

V-BOB ! Speakers ! NOT SNEAKERS ! :mrgreen: I try to bring them up right and this is the thanks I get….too many trips to the cooler ……

vbob
                        Participant

Hey,
                            I’m sorry,it must be that southern accent you picked up!!!
                            I was woundering what the hell does this guy want with a pair of sneakers !!!
                            Hey, it’ll make for another interesting field trip to Wingdale !!

Brian!!! A little help here!!!!
                            The field trip video is in the snail mail!!!
                            ‘V’Bob

dino
                            Keymaster

Southern Accent ?! that would be…. spakerz naw snakerz

bobby-s

Dino
                                    Field trip went well, there for about 2 hours. Talking events & special memories that were made there before the property security โ€œHUNTERSโ€ came down and talked to Brian on who, what, why questions, must be tough when the hunting preserve has Cadillac SUVโ€™s for security vehicles.. Brian & Video did a commentary video with everyone who was there. There were pictures taken, the editing crew will like what they see, the rest of the members will also enjoy the finished item.
                                    Donโ€™t want to spoil the surprise just enough info to get the adrenalin going again.
                                    Brian has all the details of the day and a SPECIAL picture with Skip North.

We all felt and heard the roar of the track again. It was GREAT.

Bobby S.

(dino check you shops e-mails)

dino
                                    Keymaster

Here’s first photos coming in From Bobby…

Attachments:

billy-casey

looks like you had a beutiful day .. it looks like it’s ready to build a new track there ๐Ÿ˜† I hope there is a good turn out in jan. , my wife even wants to go…used to put her in the trunk back in high school ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

masracingtd1167
                                            Participant

Looks like you had a good turn out sorry I missed it. ASK VIDEO BOB if he can find some more sneakers I need a new pair size 10.

vbob
                                                Participant

Hey, checkout the picture of Rich Head holding the Dover sign!!

RIP

‘V’Bob

dino
                                                    Keymaster

kind of FREAKY……”R I P “

Attachments:

vbob
                                                        Participant

Hey,trust me ,this was not intentionally done,I just happened to see the pics Bobby S. posted and there it was WOW!!!
                                                            I believe and I didn’t drink any punch !!!

‘V’Bob

dino
                                                            Keymaster

just a reminder …one of our ‘classic’ topics…wow …time flies…that was 2008!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.