Finally checking in from Danbury, CT

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls Finally checking in from Danbury, CT

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lo51merc

Hello Ladies and Gents. Back in the early/mid 60’s I was a visitor nearly every Sunday at Dover. I enjoyed the racing a lot. Sam Posic from Beacon Falls, CT was an acquaintance, did bodywork and paint on my 56 Chevy Convertible. Knew Ken Schielke since we were kids. He raced a green Hemi Plymouth or Dodge—66 or 67 I’d guess. Spent a lot of time with Al Hofmann in the early 60’s when he was a neighbor. We built models together.

Thanks for your time. Gary Hatstat

dino
        Keymaster

Welcome aboard the good ship DDS.com Gary!…I remember the name but can’t place the face!…You must have gone to The Summer Cruise I did at The Sycamore.As always …Got any Dover Photos? Still have a Hot Rod? Wayne Hoffman Won our Top Speed of the Meet last year at Lebanon….209mph… just runs in the family.

lo51merc

Yeah, Dino, we bumped into each other at the Sycamore many times. I had a silver and blue 56 Chevy Handyman back then. Sold it in the mid 80’s to help in buying a new home. Nothing hot to drive since, but maybe some day……

I last went to Dover in October of 67, while I was home on leave. I took one roll of film that day and surprisingly still have the pictures. They have been scanned into my computer but the quality sucks. I could email them to you, some interesting cars! Gary

dino
                Keymaster

Gary …Right! Those Prints can be scanned Better…I can do it…Send to address on home page -I’ll scan & Send back….Brian could do it too…he has a new good Photo lab he deals with…He’s up there in Kingston..and travels out to find these things…I’m down here in N.C.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.