First DOVER AD in Danbury News-Times !

Forums Forums THE DOVER CHRONICLES First DOVER AD in Danbury News-Times !

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Wow…First time we’ve gotte this …Never saw it before…From Roger Garren….NICE ! anybody know who ‘John Fetty’ is with Dragster ???”….requires a parachute to stop”….ooh 😆

Attachments:

maso
        Participant
            quote dinotheweirdo:

Wow…! anybody know who ‘John Fetty’ is with Dragster ???”….requires a parachute to stop”….ooh 😆

Ummm…

Web search turns up only this… but it’s a lead.

http://www.dragworldusa.com/omag.txt

It meant that there was an article about him in a collectable old magazine called “Speed & Custom” from 1963 and you can buy it through that web site for $8.00.

Speed & Custom

Oct G- $ 8.00 Spotlite on Bob Tasca, Jim Binecki A/Modified Roadster, John Fetty B/GD,
            Royal Pontiac 421 Tempest wagon

I doubt if he could be from New England or he would have been mentioned in Bernie Shuman’s excellent book “Cool Cars, Square Roll Bars” that I have here.

timh

john fetty was the first paid to run dragster at DOVER. THE BLOWN;INJ. OLDS.powered rail had the same MOTOR as the famous ALBERTSON OLDS rail,at the time NHRA record holder. I ran the MODIFIERS B dragster against him on his second run that day, he only got me by about 10 ft. at the finish line. and as they say !!!!! THE HOMETOWN CROWD WENT WILD TIM HALLOCK

dino
                Keymaster

Tim …Where was he from? So he was the first “Booked-in” attraction?

timh

he was from the BALTIMORE MD area. he was recomended to us by PAT BILBOW. we wanted PAT to come to DOVER but he was not avaible at the time. tim

ptulli
                        Participant

Aquasco, MD. John Fetty’s AA/GD leaves the starting line. Fetty team member, Paul Fay,

Oh yeah, that’s him. I would recognize him anywhere.
                            PJT

Attachments:

timh

I know the ad in the paper says BLOWN HEMI. if some one knows for sure let us know I may be confused !!!!! it has been 49 yrs since that run. There was a aa\d that was supposed to be the famous ALBERTSON OLDS aa\d that I also ran and almost beat to the line. I cant remember what my WIFE told me to get at WALMART 5 min. away, but I can recall every time I almost beat someone 2 classes above us. I ran the MODIFERS b/d aginst GARLITS at YORK, PA CONNI SWINGLE was driving. DON was healing from burns at the time. He passed me half track with the push bar draging sparks. It was dark, past half track you aimed between 2 white lights at the finish. HE RAN 8:03 at 180 + MPH it was not a close race by any means. IT was a record at the time for e.t & MPH I did not forget that one yet. TIM HALLOCK

dino
                                Keymaster

Classic Stuff Tim…Thanks for the history….Oh – she wanted you to pick up the toilet paper(Walmart)

dino
                                    Keymaster

We did turn this into our popular “Tin Sign” that is really heavy steel with real rust… BUT I took some “Artist License” with the final design ,changing the photo.The original photo was misleading,grainy and spotlighted the back of a cop…..Not too Good ….We found a much better period corrct shot that the “general public” could relate to & still be historically correct. Those here on the forum can see the differance.

Attachments:

dino
                                        Keymaster

Found a Shot Of Fettys car….not the 1961 version… this has to be 64…Mustang in the background.This is probably at Aquasco in Maryland.

Attachments:

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.