First Of Richie Head Collection

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK First Of Richie Head Collection

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Richie Head…Wingdale Resident-NETO Runner and Dover Racer supplied these via Brian …Heres a couple that show things we haven’t seen in other collections and give you a differant “view” of things…Its 1971…Dover has entered it’s “Orange Period” trying to upgrade its Image…Chet & Joe have been busy all winter,building New Stands behind the line and a long overdue return ‘Chute’ to ease Hot Car Pit Traffic jams.

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Had to include this…1970…Girls actually dressed up to go to dusty old Dover…music-fashion-everything in a state of change.remember who’s in the White House and whats played on the Radio….but the real question here is….WHAT year -make- is the car the photo is shot out of…check the steering wheel.And is it Richies ? ? ? Somebody’s groveling in the dirt in the background,under that Mustang.

Attachments:

dino
            Keymaster

Richies photos bridge 1969 to 1971…heres Pre orange in 1969.”Chargin Charlie’ getting a red light! not his style.

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Oh Yeah…the”DRAKESTER” boilin the hides on a burnout…..can’t let a chick beat ya…he’s loaded and locked…that’s Della Woods in the Funny Honey -near lane.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Hey Drake !…Did Ya get her?

john-sachs-sr
                        Participant
                            quote dinotheweirdo:

Had to include this…1970…Girls actually dressed up to go to dusty old Dover…music-fashion-everything in a state of change.remember who’s in the White House and whats played on the Radio….but the real question here is….WHAT year -make- is the car the photo is shot out of…check the steering wheel.And is it Richies ? ? ? Somebody’s groveling in the dirt in the background,under that Mustang.

Forget the steering wheel 😮 …. you take it Dino, I’ll take the blonde !!!!! 🙂
                            John

vindicator
                            Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino…the Charger was indeed Della & Bernie Woods X-“Funny Honey”…two real good mid-west people…we raced with in various logistic venues…in photo…car is owned by late Oren “Pop” Whitt….a “wiley rascal” and a true legendary road warrior!!! 😆 😆 😆 …re-named “Hippie Hemi”…driven by ol’ buddy…Virginia’s Randy Bray (who worked for…thee…Ed Miller former NHRA World Champ)…ok…so a lil’ backround…if you look back around starting area…you’ll “see” image of a guy in full chase/run…that is Chuck “Ziggy” Sabis hisself…he of the legendary (Geoge-Joe) Brazee Bros. team…also the “cat” who sold us on the “nitro fix”…gave us a bunch of help…went on the road with me for a few months (grew “weary” of way too many “babes” in the motel/no-tell rooms)…Chuck was serious about racing,preparation, a trait I’m sure derived from the famous Brazee “boyz” George/Joe… 😀 😀 😀 …I wuz a lil’ behind the curve of that discipline…it wuz all ’bout gettin’ “jiggy” with the “goils”…by year two of the nitro deal…got focus in order…racing… always time later for gals 😆 😆 😆 anyway…I always mixed the fuel…told my dad we were at 85% Nitro mix…knew he wanted to win this show…it really was 95% Nitro mix…had 50 degrees in mag…I just moved it a little to 52-55!…then leaned jet .005…results…easily smoked the Charger…bout’ 1200 feet…car nosed over/kept leggin’ it…took the win light…back to pits…get ready for semi-final…thinkin’ I wuz one smart dude… 😆 😆 😆 found a couple pistons with holes…not good…fired car for semi’s…motor pretty “dead” hoping for opponent redlight…just barely got car staged…had to shut-off (just another Dover “day” done…not as “planned” 🙁 🙁 🙁 )…shortly after…Tink Schaefer came on-board for a number of years (he…truly made us…better than we were 😀 😀 😀 )…I still did the fuel…but never again tried to “out-think”…the crew chief…these guys…for sure…forgot more than I ever knew/know…8 million “stories”…in the naked city…this…just one of ’em…did tell ya’…I am a lucky guy…very lucky guy ‘eh…there were many good in all ways…days/years ahead…on the road… 😀 😀 😀 Drake p.s. Hey Dino would love to have that photo (e-mail it to me if you would)… the burnout(s)???!!!***it’s “showtime” …that’s what kept us busy/booked…awesome appearing cars…”Chi-Town” burnouts…a Ford…later of course Chevrolet/Rodeck…Dononvan/Chrysler power…all our “stock in trade”/reputation 😆 😆 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

Photo comin at ya Drake..It -as most in the collection, from the good ole ‘instamatic’ days…ya now…not high buck 35 MM lens stuff…take it to the drug store to get developed….and being their age …I do my best to ‘edit’ them up…… you’re seeing this shot twice as big as original print …Knew you’de have the ‘skinny’ on that day…right down to the last enchilada.

vindicator
                                    Participant

😀 😀 😀 Hey Dino…thank you…”much”…appreciated…little did we “know”…just how “special”…those days…and people truly were/are…always have been…still at it…at present…with boys…and Europe Top Fuel/Funny Car guys…like everything else…in this life…nothin’ ever stays the “same” ‘eh… 😆 😆 😆 but…nobody…but nobody…can take away the memories of great days gone by… do “believe” all guys/gals…on this site…have ’em too…thanx yet again!… 😀 😀 😀 Drake

dino
                                        Keymaster

Had my son manning the computer today ,scanning in all the rest Of Richies photos…took hours..Always have race shots but heres some of his collection of what we usually don’t see …Tow Rigs….come in all sizes and configurations…Dover had some memorable ones…

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Heres More…cars we usually don’t see and some differant views that capture a typical Dover Day.

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

Brian And I noticed some of his Photos with 1970 on them are Really 1969…Heres proof…This is Aug. ’69 (Woodstock Day with the “Fuel Coupes” Show)…he must have lost the film in the glove compartment for a year before developing. 😎

Attachments:

babycakes
                                                    Participant

Dino,it sure was a ‘hot-rodder’s playground every Sunday! Sure brings back some good ‘memories’ of Dover! 😉 😀

dino
                                                        Keymaster

I can see “B.P. Performance” in that Staging Lane shot..Where And Who was That ? …..looks like Barrett Jacksons waiting line.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.