flower child ( dragster)

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION flower child ( dragster)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    briant

good-day , does anyone on the Dover site remember or ever heard of a dragster from CT. ( front eng.,long wheelbase ) named the Flower Child . don’t know if it raced only in CT or if he ventured out side. frame , body is for sale and in pretty gd cond. looking to build something to have one last hurrah. Thanks Brian T. ( Dragmasters , Wspt,ct. )

maso
        Participant

This photograph looks really old.

For sale. Go see: http://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/carsforsale/dragster/general/

Do we need another Bobby Schlegel to step up and take it…???

masracingtd1167
            Participant

Briant I don’t remember that car but when were you a member of the Downshifters ? I grew up in Westport and was a member also late sixties

briant

dear masraacingtd1167 , man thanks for the quick post. I was not in the Downshifters, We had a club that originated in Weston in about 61/62 , just a few guys. In the early 60’s when the Downshifters were getting smaller that asked us if we wanted to merge. never did. kind of sorry about that. I knew a lot of the older members the Willauers etc etc.. I still have a article from a magzine voting them one of the top clubs in USA in the 50’s if you want I can send you a copy of it. pretty cool. If you knew Jay Paterson. he was in our club, and he and a couple of other guys finished the ‘ D altered ‘ that was started by us and raced it at Dover. It was a flathead powered 32 ford if I remember correctly. I would love to find that and redo. thanks again for the quick input. Hey at the ripe old age of 64 what better way to go than have a dragster take you there. Brian T.

masracingtd1167
                    Participant

Yes I remember Jay Patterson That car was the first drag car I ever drove ! Wetook the coupe body off and put a T roadster body on it to make it lighter real hack job! There are some pictures or it in the galleries as a roadster . why don’t you buy that dragster you will get plenty of help on this forum .Billy Masiello

masracingtd1167
                        Participant

I went and looked at the rest of the pictures of that car . BE careful something dose not look right about that car . If it was stored outside stay away from it it could be rusted from inside very dangerous.

briant

thanks it does look a little crippled. I would love to know where the pictures would be ( on the Dover site ) of the car you drove , that was changed with the diff. body. would like to talk to you about it and Westport.. I guess you grad’d from Staples. I am in NJ . you might know some of the people I do. Have yet to see a picture ( if you remember although he might have crashed it before you started racing. On the Post rd. was Capolla chrys/plym. Donnie used to drive a 64 ply s/s he was Mr. Mopar. He crashed it at Dover I believe and sat behind their old business I know untill 69 but that was 40 yrs ago and long gone. It was from the factory a lightweight plymouth, oh well . thanks for the advise and the conver. as I said I am in NJ or if their is a way I could give you my e-mail without going to the world . Thanks Brian T.

dino
                                Keymaster

What color was that altered? we have fantastic shots in our ODF premi\um Members Photo Gallerys from 3-4 collections from the 61-62 years .And on Our Historical Photo Disc…Bet its There!

patina
                                    Participant

That car has been for sale for over a year I saw it for sale awhile ago same pictures same dealer.

Pat

dino
                                        Keymaster
                                            cullyflower

Does anyone remember seeing this car at Dover?

dino
                                                Keymaster

Not Me…Guys?

maso
                                                    Participant

Anybody want this for an Avatar…? Cully Flower Child…?

Just right click on the image and choose “Save Picture As…” from the pop up menu and save it to your hard drive. Then upload it to the web site through your profile settings.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.