Found in Florida

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? Found in Florida

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    patina
    Participant

Kenny Hayn found in Fla. owned a 56 Chevy convert. Maroon ran D/G. More interesting stuff to follow. Got to get back working on MG.

Pat

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

More ! ….what year ? and can we get him on here ?

maso
            Participant

Round Two…

Against Bobby lagana’s infamous Plymouth Coupe…

I can tell you that this had to be in late season 1964 or early in ’65 because that’s when Bobby gave it that red paint job just before taking it to Indy where he got blown away by a Willy’s.

patina
                Participant

OK here’s what I have; Kenny Hayn is alive and living in Belleview Fla. (Kenny if you read this sign on) He owned the 56 Chev conv. seen in pictures and raced at Dover. I rode up from Elmhurst NY in the car one Sunday as it was flat towed. He sold the car to some guy(s) that had a station in Stamford Ct. when sold it had a tilt front end redish plexi windows and a 38 Ply front I beam. At the same time he built a 39 Willys PU (this gets interesting) it had a 41 glass nose on it and a custom SHORT bed, exactly like CyVs. Now I know he bought it from Kevin Dunn, could this be the same car. I have spoken to Kenny (its Ken now) and told him about the site, maybe the guys from Fla. can light a fire under him. Does anyone from stamford remember. Just a little of track PBS has a program called “History Detective” its pretty cool. A little like what we are doing here. Brian M was here today we had a good talk and I showed him a bunch of EDN stuff.

Pat

patina
                    Participant

That should be “a little off track”

dino
                        Keymaster

OH…you holding out on us …Eastern Drag News….MUST HAVE COPIES ! will dispatch Brian with his incredable Dover Relic copier .

maso
                            Participant
                                quote patina:

That should be “a little off track”

💡 ➡ 😀

tomblake
                                Participant

patina…..Some time ago you asked if Kenny and I raced each other. I didn’t remember back than but from the DVD I found this picture. The 55 is before it was painted, still the original gray with some body work started.

Attachments:

patina
                                    Participant

Tom thats pretty cool! Just got in from the reunion it was great to finally have a car on the grounds instead of talking about the one I’m working on. Now I have to get it running but I’m totally juiced now.

Pat

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Pat,so good to see you and your brother !!
                                            The car is REALLY looking like a race car now and you just have to look at Bad News and see what Roger had to start with and look today at the finished product!
                                            Pat as you know everything on that car was done by Roger in his garage! No out side support at all,amazing !!!
                                            I’m sure you and your brother will have a beauty in a short time too!

‘V’

tomblake
                                            Participant

patina…..I was looking at the three pictures of Kenny’s car racing the Studebaker, Lagana’s Plymouth and the race with my ’55 Chevy. It looks like all three pictures could have been taken on the same day. There is a green pickup truck in the background of all three pictures that looks like the same truck.
                                                Not sure where all three pictures came from but might be the same photographer. You never know what you will see in this neat collection of pictures from the Dover site.

maso
                                                Participant

I see Billy Lagana’s “Locomotion II” Z-11 in the staging lanes. From the looks of the surrounding trees, this must be late winter or early spring time.

bobby-s

looking at the lanes
                                                        looks like Chuck with the Dobbs Ferry Ford T-Bolt
                                                        next to the fence,

such a lot of memory with in all the pictures
                                                        ….look again …Lagana’s “Locomotion” there too -edit-dino

john-sachs-sr
                                                        Participant

I brought a dvd to Grover’s,when I was up for the reunion,and discovered 2 old pics.Here goes.
                                                            First gen. Anglia at Conn. Dragway. 😉
                                                            That’s my wife,with baby bump(of 46 years),not my sister 😮 ,waiting at Lagana’s house to goto the track.
                                                            John 😀

Attachments:

realmongo
                                                            Participant

I saw that 1963 Chevy in a garage in Florida back in the 1990s. Luckily I had my camera that day!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.