Found In the "Archives"

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Found In the "Archives"

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

So I’m going through the Dover ‘stash’ I’ve collected since 2009…thanks to many forum members submissions by mail and Brian constantly sending stuff . . .and I trip over this…. the “famous” New Milford Racing Team group shot taken in the Dover Pits. Sent in with a TON of film I’m converting by Tom Brissett. He and his brother Art ran that Vette on the right…and ther’es Tommy Day too. Tom went on to run a cool Willys,a front moter dragster and be head mechanic on a couple of Danbury Stock Cars. He’s now in Vermont.We stay in touch.How bout some info on the Mopar?

Attachments:

action-rat

WOW !!!..The 65 Plymouth was a 383 cu in 330 hp 4 speed owned by Bob Coppola..I drove it for Bob at times in C/S I think..I did some street racing driving Tom’s Vette, blew the M-21 right out of it one night..Wish I could remember all the members names, but here is what I do, maybe Tom and Art can add to this..3’rd from left is Bob Coppola, 4’th is Steve Coppola, 6’th is Nelson Douskey, 7’th is Jack Rothe, to my left is Ray Ray Stevens..We were “so cool” in our club jackets !!!

dino
            Keymaster

We don’t street Race …that against the law 😆 See our posts at

http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=423

storm-king

Plymouth looks to be a ’64 hardtop. YOu can see the vertical peak of the fender is midway up the side, not on the top like a ’65. That’s what it looks like to me anyway…

action-rat

You are correct Storm, my mistake, I loved the roof line on those cars..There were two of these Plymouths in New Milford Ct spec’d exactly the same, even color, owned by Billy Gillen and Kurt Fabish..This car I believe was one of those now owned by Bob Coppolla in this pic !!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.