Found -MORE EARLY Track Construction Photos!!!

Forums Forums DINO’S PHOTO PICK OF THE WEEK Found -MORE EARLY Track Construction Photos!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

“out of the blue” …I get these in the mail From ol “babycakes ” FANTASTIC ! funny how when you least expect that things are lost forever…Amazing stuff surfaces…”the Spirt of The Track” at work ?….He added this note:

“Dino,I’ll send you the ‘originals’ I got ( they were copies too!) sometime this week.I definately want them back after you process them o.k.? It was either 91-92 (?) I got them from a guy who attended the Dover Reunion at Danbury. Don’t remember who he was, just too many year’s ago.He made ‘copies’ for me and sent them to me by mail that year.So,look forward in a week’s time you’ll get them. I’m sure the ODF members will enjoy seeing them,once you post them.”
        ….Theres MORE…I’ll post when Original arrive.

…………..SEE THIS OTHER TOPIC WITH INFO SENT IN BY Tim Hallock:
        http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=4051&p=34463&hilit=hallock#p34463

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

These are Priceless…can’t wait to get better copies…A set will go to Brian for his “Museum” display.

dino
            Keymaster

GOT em !….like breaking into the Egyption Tombs – Never before seen in public…The “Building Of DOVER 1960”
                ……Building the Pit Side concession Stand…don’t know who the guy is, but theres the old Dodge Track pick-up, and a fairly ‘new’ 56 chevy…only 4 years old .

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Heres looking down the quarter with grading and leveling going on …..Thats probably Tim Hallock operating the “Cat”.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Looking back at the “new” Tower and no hot car pits established yet…that will come later as need arrises.

Attachments:

dino
                        Keymaster

Another angle of Tower with more grading going on…

Attachments:

dino
                            Keymaster

Final leveling before “Patented’ Hi Traction Pavement. Thanks to ‘Babycakes” for the smarts to request copies back then…we may never know who ‘that guy’ he met was.

Attachments:

babycakes
                                Participant

Excellent job on posting them Dino,’much’ more ‘clarity’ then the first time copies I had sent you! No doubt the ODF’s will enjoy seeing the ‘birth’ of Dover,here on the forum.Enjoy them,and Dino,thank you very much! :geek: 😮 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.