FRANK ANTHONY AZZARITO died Feb.3 1968

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? FRANK ANTHONY AZZARITO died Feb.3 1968

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    vbob
    Participant

Frank”Little Frankie” Anthony Azzarito lost his life at 19 years old in Vietnam forty four years ago this day. Take to time to pray for him and for all those that have died in Vietnam .GOD, bless them all!
        Pay a visit to The Wall.
        http://thewall-usa.com/ ‘v’

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

Time flies bye but memories are forever !! Please take the time to remember
            our boys and girls that serve in our Arm Forces…Sometimes with all that’s going
            on around us, it’s easy to forget them..”Little Frankie”, you are deeply missed !!
            One more thing Frankie, you sure knew how to pick a “Best Friend” (ROX)….

Frank…

frank-j-majauskas
            Participant

ROXREC (John Shimer) said he couldn’t sleep so he got up early. He must have been
                thinking of his best friend, Frankie A. Azzarito, that he lost in Vietnam on this day
                back in 1968. As John said,”46 years in the blink of an eye” โ— Where does time go โ“
                Please don’t wait until Memorial Day to think about all the men and women that have
                given their lives for our country…Dino painted this glove box door for John some years
                ago for John’s 62 Chevy. That Chevy is gone, but John still has the door which is now on
                John new 62 Bel Air…….A NICE MEMORIAL FOR YOUR BEST FRIEND โ— โ— ….. ty

Frank… ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Attachments:

vbob
                Participant
                    dino
                    Keymaster

http://thewall-usa.com/guest.asp?recid=1781

“Wall” website -under Frankies name …”See you at Dover” decal .Probably the only referance for a Vet there of Dover.Frankie and Rox would be taken to Dover By Smokey every Sunday,before they couild drive. Thats the connection, and Smokey had Azzarito as a sponsor on his Henry J gasser.Like so many other lost Dover “family”… we hope we don’t forget , by remembering them here.

Smokey Relates:
                        smokey-dragct ยป Wed Feb 03, 2010
                        I KNEW LITTLE FRANKIE SINCE HE WAS AROUND 9 YEARS OLD. THEN I MET HIS FRIEND JOHN. THEY WERE SOME PAIR GREAT KIDS.I TOOK LITTLE FRANKIE AND JOHN WITH ME ON SUNDAYS UP TO DOVER.I WORKED PART TIME MOSTLY IN THE WINTER FOR BIG FRANK AT AZZARITOS ESSO. I WAS THERE THE DAY THE MARINES CAME TO TELL HIM THAT HIS SON WAS MISSING IN ACTION.BIG FRANK WAS NEVER THE SAME AFTER THAT.SAD DAY FOR ALL. JOHN WAS A GREAT FRIEND AND HE HAS KEPT LITTLE FRANKIES MEMORY ALIVE ALL THESE YEARS.GOD BLESS YOU JOHN AND LITTLE FRANKIE.
                        SMOKEY

frank-j-majauskas
                        Participant

Here we are, one year later.. John Shimer (ROXREC) call me today from Texas. He said that he had been riding his bike this morning thinking about
                            his best friend (Little Frankie) that he lost in Viet Nam 47 years ago today.
                            He said it seems like it was just yesterday when Smokey would bring them
                            to Dover and let them run wild. Time flies bye and it’s so easy to forget. Please
                            remember all of our fallen heroes along with our men and women now serving
                            in our arm forces โ— GOD BLESS THEM ALL โ— โ— ……..ty

Frank… ๐Ÿ˜Ž

smokey-dragct
                            Participant

another year has passed and it seems like yesterday that we were all siting in franks office throwing the bull and eating our chubby chicken from the a and w next door.we were getting the hj ready for dover.i talked to john today and we both cant believe its 47 years today.where has the time gone.rest in peace Frankie. gone but not forgotten.
                                smokey

patina
                                Participant

I never knew Little Frankie or even met him, but maybe I did that day at Dover Dragstrip as I was watching the cars run or getting something at the snack bar. It’s possible we talked but never exchanged names. It’s a strange feeling to be friends with someone you maybe never knew. I was invited to go to DC Wednesday with the Patriot Honor Flight people and after last week’s 25th. Dover reunion I thought what better time to place a dash plaque that I had, at the “Wall” In DC to complete this odd circle of connection I have with Frankie. We will meet again someday Frankie.

Pat

Attachments:

smokey-dragct
                                    Participant

pat
                                        that was very nice what you did for little Frankie. he loved to go to dover every sunday with me and john. those were the good old days.they were two good friends and I enjoyed bringing them.
                                        smokey

vbob
                                        Participant

HEY

Pat, you know how to make a man cry!!!
                                            Thank you again brother and you told me you were going and you are my hero!!!!!!

‘V’

dino
                                            Keymaster

fixed

Attachments:

patina
                                                Participant

Thanks Dino, I tried 3 times to correct it but it kept coming up wrong.

Pat

vbob
                                                    Participant

HEY

Visited Little Frankie last week! 10-9-2015
                                                        That’s my hat and unit !OH, I had to go and answer to a few reporters when they found out I was in town!

‘V’

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                                        Participant

Hey Guys, already another year has past. Today please take a minute to remember
                                                            “Little” Frankie Azzarito, who as a kid ran wild in the pits of Dover Drag Strip pretty
                                                            much every weekend. 48 years ago at the age of 19, in Vietnam, we lost him. A special
                                                            thanks to V-Bob and Patina for keeping his memory alive with their visits to the Vietnam
                                                            Wall in D.C. and sharing their pictures with us. Rest in peace “Little” Frankie. We will not
                                                            forget you !…………ty

Frank… ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Attachments:

vbob
                                                            Participant

While time goes on and we all turn into grey haired old men Little Frankie is still that young 19 year old kid !
                                                                GOD bless Frankie and all the kids!
                                                                ‘V’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.