Frank Mancuso’s First Performance Speed Shop -Eastchester

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Frank Mancuso’s First Performance Speed Shop -Eastchester

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Dino,
        Can you list: First Performance Speed Shop in Eastchester,N.Y.
        and Speed King Auto in Mt. Vernon N.Y. under the speed shop list.
        I had sponsors with both of them and ran with Bobby Lagana crew.
        I had the 1968 maroon Chevelle and the first car I had was a green & white 1957 Ford called “The Riddler”
        Thanks,
        Ed Milano
        …………………….Sure thing -just did! dino

frank-mancuso

Hi. I owned the “First Performance Speed Shop” in Eastchester. Many of dover racers hung out there every evening and we sponsored several cars by offering parts at cost and free oil. We raced our own 1968 Camaro in SS/J then Pro Stock before moving on to Fuel Funny Cars. The Eastchester Diner was the burn out capital of NY and us racers were often treated to great burn outs while eating our burgers. Many a Saturday night we would leave the Place a local bar hang at the diner till sun rise then head up rt 100 to Dover.

dino
            Keymaster

Frank ….Welcome aboard!…Where are you NOW and like we always ask …Got any Photos?…still race? We welcome your ‘bench racing” stories!

frank-mancuso

Hi Dino, nice meeting you at this years Reunion. I raced at Dover from 1966 to 1971 and owned the First Performance Speed Shop in Eastchester. Tom Iorizo and I were great friends in those days and this website has brought back many fine memories, some I’d like to share and some I better not. I ran A/Stock a 1966 SS 396 Chevelle, SS/J a 302 Z28 often against Tommy and then Pro Stock before switching to Fuel Funny Cars in 1973. I do have photos and trophies from those days and hope to share them. Your doing a great job with this site and I hope to be a regular.

dino
                    Keymaster

Photos can be e-mailed to me OR send the actual prints…I’ll scan and send right back.Heres one I found on the”web”:

Ron Leaf owned, Frank Mancuso driven 1973 Chevy Vega

Attachments:

frank-mancuso

Hi, will send photos and can you use slides? Give me an address and I’ll try to get em off this week.

dino
                            Keymaster

Slides costly to convert to Print (Digital) about a buck a piece. If you do it ,just burn a duplicate disc.Should at least 300 dpi.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.