FREDDIE MURPHY STILL IN DOVER

Forums Forums WHERE ARE THEY NOW ? FREDDIE MURPHY STILL IN DOVER

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

…Dover Plains, N.Y. that is. Right up the road from the track. Continues to operate Murphys Speed & Custom . Check out his website at http://www.murphysspeed.com .Says he’s planning to make Reunion. Was on Doc Burgess “Black Arrow”‘ crew and thats his “Yellow Fever” ’59 Chevy in the the Visitor’s Gallery.

dino
        Keymaster

Brian M. JUST left Fred’s Shop!…(3;00 pm 8/23/08) He showed him the website on his computer , the reunion video and all the Black Arrow discussion. He had a big smile!….Said he forgot about the Reunion.!…Really wanted to go. Still has his ’59 Chevy ! He now has a Dover shirt, and is sending Doc Burgess one Too. Doc’s in Florida and Fred’s telling him by phone tonight about the site. Brian on a local photo binge too… watch for the post.

bobby-s
                quote dinotheweirdo:

Brian M. JUST left Fred’s Shop!…(3;00 pm 8/23/08) He showed him the website on his computer , the reunion video and all the Black Arrow discussion. He had a big smile!….Said he forgot about the Reunion.!…Really wanted to go. Still has his ’59 Chevy ! He now has a Dover shirt, and is sending Doc Burgess one Too. Doc’s in Florida and Fred’s telling him by phone tonight about the site. Brian on a local photo binge too… watch for the post.

DOVER CSI on the loose,,,,

dino
                Keymaster

Freddy’s alive and well in Dover ….heres shot of his sign….Brian on the prowl…notice the “arrow” in logo ???

Attachments:

bobby-s

Can’t miss the shop on the left going up rte 22, his white rigs for the
                        roundy-rounds are in the fenced in area.

storm-king

That’s pertty cool that Freddie’s still at it. I vaugely remember him with Doc, but the one I remember from ’64 and early ’65 was Carl Spiedel, who was working some outfit called, “Spiedel’s Speed Shop”. I don’t know if it ever amounted to anything. The “Arrow had that name on it for a while. Anyone know what happend to Carl? He had something like a ’54 Chevy two door, red, with a TJ tuck and roll interior. That’s about all I remember of him.

dino
                            Keymaster

Freddy’s next to Doc’s old Home/Vet office. I’ll post what photos Brian sent me…still a Vet Office. More coming about Fred.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.