Freds Speed Shop

Forums Forums SPEED SHOPS from Dover’s past Freds Speed Shop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Heres the Topic heading for one of Dovers most active Racer and Sponsor….Fred Egloff jr.,his brother and the contingent that had the Freds name on their cars. Last talked to Fred on the phone during the Dover -Fest in Jan…. He was healing up from some minor thing ,and said he said he was sorry he couldn’t make it.

grover-dragct

FREDS SON IN LAW SAID HES DOING GOOD GROVER SMOKEY AS LAST WEEK

dino
            Keymaster

NEW GUY ON THE FORUM TODAY…..Fred Egloff ! Welcome Oh Wizard of Speed….Guru of go-fast …Bill Caseys Idol 😀

bobrizzi
                    quote dinotheweirdo:

NEW GUY ON THE FORUM TODAY…..Fred Egloff ! Welcome Oh Wizard of Speed….Guru of go-fast …Bill Caseys Idol 😀

The two greatest guys in the history of Yonkers drag racing Fred Egloff and “WILD BILL CASEY”

don-kauer

Hey, bobrizzi…….. Say guy, not guys………I’ve seen Casey in a dress before at the Tuckahoe Motor Inn one night………………..Don……….

bobrizzi
                            quote donkauer:

Hey, bobrizzi…….. Say guy, not guys………I’ve seen Casey in a dress before at the Tuckahoe Motor Inn one night………………..Don……….

Don,I am new to this internet thing. alot of names coming up here and there yours included that this old Italian rembers. I ran out of the “THE GREAT BILL CASEY’S shop with a 68′ 427 L-88 Chevelle (COURTESY OF JERRY ROBERTS) and was good friends with Joe Arrangio (offical Auto Parts). Freddie is one hellva guy ,Bill Casey ….. I think I heard the same story about him from Frank Madonia (ha! ha! Billy) but he still built the fastest cars in Yonkers,N.Y

don-kauer

Hi bobrizzi, Billy casey is one of my very favorite poeple (even if he is Irish)….You are so right about Billy and Fred……..At Dover when I had to run one of these two in the Elim. I knew there was a good chance I’d be home early for dinner…….Don…….

dino
                                Keymaster

FRED’S Speed Shop -Just lettered on the Super Pumpkin VII “Tribute Car” …How cool IS THAT after all these years?

ricky-white
                                    Participant

I can’t thank Fred enough for all the help he gave me through the years. Last year Fred had jackets made up just like the ones he had back in the 60’s. I wore mine all weekend at the Adarondack Nationals in Lake George NY, I couldn’t beleve how many people came up to me to talk about Freds Speed Shop and Dover Drag Strip. Last summer while packing up all my old parts in house in Dobbs Ferry to move to LG I found a Holley float bowl with the TRICK CARBS sticker and one of Freds Speed Shop business cards. I gave them to Fred and he was very happy as he had not saved any of the TRICK CARB stickers. I am going to post some pictures of Freds Cars that I scanned for him some years back. Heres a picture of the jackets

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                        Participant

Front

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                            Participant

Some pictures of Freds Camaro

ricky-white
                                                Participant

Woops I’ll try again

….I fix![dino]

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                                    Participant

English Town

Attachments:

ricky-white
                                                        Participant

Have more will resize and post when I get more time.

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Gonna start A photo Gallery Here of Freds sponsored Cars…Heres the First

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.