Front Motor Fuelers AT DOVER…’Swingin Sixties’

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION Front Motor Fuelers AT DOVER…’Swingin Sixties’

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

We had a bunch…Most Booked in Match Races..Sure we had the Goose and Snake, Don”the Beachcomber”Johnson, Beebe & Mulligan, IVO !,Garlits, Karamasini, Kalitta ,BUT remember the others ??…I’ll start…How ’bout Jim & Alison Lee’s “Great Expectations” with Tom Raley driving…Think this day, they Ran Ed Moses…Not Sure …In ODF Galleries & on Photo Disc(Gallery 5-T.O’Shea Collection)

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

Small World …..This is Fun. Just got this From Rob Beattie …on forum as ‘raley’:
            ” My father, Brian Beattie, owns the restored Great Expecations II. Tom is a friend, as well as Jim & Alison. Scott Snizek of the Pacer’s turned me onto the Dover site. Thanks!”
            Rob

randy-fish

Are we forgetting John “The Zookeeper” Mulligan?
                ,,,,I said Beebe & Mulligan first !….got to know John Real Good…as a matter of fact, Lettered on his Trailer at 69 indy Nationals, “Worlds Fastest …Really TOM “,,,see if’ goose ‘remembers Dino

randy-fish

Notice the strap for the goggles is on the outside of the helmet in those Jim & Allison Lee photos. Tom McEwen told me he was the first to put the strap inside the helmet. If it was on the outside, it was the first thing to burn off during an engine fire and that would leave your eyes unprotected. The Mongoo$e helped develop several of the early safety products, working with Bill Simpson and others. He was also instrumental in tire development with Marvin Rifchin as well as Goodyear.

raley

Those are some wild pic’s! The car is the shorter Don Long that pre-dated the car my dad has.

dino
                        Keymaster

Hey raley!….Welcome Aboard! We’re all itchin for photos !

hvy70ss
                            Participant

Dino,,,,What year was Jim and Allison Lee’s “Great Expectatations” fueler booked in at Dover? For the longest time I had a yellow cardboard poster of a match race with them and ???? at Dover. Did you design it?

Bobby Smith

dino
                                Keymaster

Poster ….Did you Say poster? I MUST HAVE IT …Even If just A photo….about ’68.about now Paul C. should “interupt this broadcast” to tell us who it was and what they had for lunch.

dino
                                    Keymaster

CHECK IT OUT …Rob shows us the Car NOW !

NETO Race 5

dino
                                        Keymaster

THE BEAST FROM THE EAST ! …Paul Gommi !

Attachments:

dino
                                            Keymaster

Here we Go ….Hold On to your hat …. All Photos here ,At Dover, By Terry O’Shea.(In our ODF Premium Members Gallery and on our Historical Photio Disc)

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

And going back a few years . . .

Attachments:

jackman
                                                    Participant

Whats with the side arm, Dover security ?

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Oh…We had “Junior Fuelers ” Too…Unblown But on the good go-juice! See all the fans Holding thier ears …..cool 😉

Attachments:

dino
                                                            Keymaster

More ‘finds’…

Attachments:

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.