FUNNY CARS !!!!!!!!!….maybe-NO! …YES!!!

Forums Forums NOSTALGIA DRAGS 3rd Annual Dover Drag Strip NOSTALGIA DRAGS -2 0 1 1 FUNNY CARS !!!!!!!!!….maybe-NO! …YES!!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Working on a situation that MAY bring in 6 injected Alcohol NOSTALGIA Funny cars ,just to pound the ground! for both days! I’ll keep ya posted .

dino
        Keymaster

Getter better…Looks like this will shape up to ,SIX alcohol NOSTALGIA Funny Cars, out of the northest that travel together and will come in as a “Test” session ….running both days with some Kool Heads Up side-by-side MATCH RACE MADNESS ….more As I get together with my “contact’ in Mass. Oh- you’ve seen most of these at E-Town Nostalgia events…and A new one just built….’67 pontiac !

dino
            Keymaster

YES …We Have confirmation…Bob Sweatland is spearheading the gathering of the Funny cars! He’s bringing the “family “Lil MISBEHAVIOR” car driven by his daughter Bobbie Leigh.Thinks he can get at least six ….maybe more .Busy doing snow removal now with his business out of Southwick.Mass…but when the work lets up, he’ll be gathering the ‘Floppers”.To get ya pumping …He sent this:

“SUNDAY -Sunday at the Fast Track ….200 mph Funny cars in Match race action ! …..BE THERE!”

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Just hit the “Way Back machine AM radio link” …and HEARD THIS !:

“COMING TO THE M&M Speed & Custom 3rd Annual DOVER DRAG STRIP NOSTAGIA DRAGS presented By Moroso Performance……GROUND SHAKING FUNNY CAR ACTION>>>>SEE 200 mph SIDE BY SIDE ACTION Both days Aug 20-21 at Lebanon Valley Dragway Featuring all your favorite Dover Nostalgia Racers ,NETO and The East Coast Gassers…….BE THERE”

Really ….Good news , just in from Bob Sweatland:
                    “I got 6 funny cars so far… trying to get more… Lill Miss Behavior, Rooster, War Horse, Poisen Arrow, Glory Daze,No Money No Funny, and hoping to get more, were in the middle of up dating our web site.
                    http://www.lillmissbehavior.com

babycakes
                    Participant

Wow Dino !!!! Can it get any better? This is gonna be (without a doubt) ONE TO REMEMBER!!!!

dino
                        Keymaster

Guess who just registered:
                            bobbie1920
                            ……………..Welcome Aboard !…….need to know how it feels to go that fast -180 -right?!

Attachments:

boyevil

WE SAY YES!!! You can count the War Horse Funny Car In!!

Cant wait to meet all our nostalgia friends again. I just love The Valley. Spent alot of time there with family. I just love how
                                the burnouts echo through the hills……..It’s Awesome!

See you there…….BoyEvil and Bitchin Bob Racing!

http://www.warhorsefunnycar.com

boyevil

Last time out at Lebanon

dino
                                    Keymaster

Hey Bad Boy! 😎 …welcome aboard the Good Ship DDS.com…the stang is Spot-on period correct…being a Ford guy from back in the days of lettering Drake Viscome’s Funny Fords….. ya done good! .You guys making our Race is more than we all expected….rock on dudes…I’ll have some ‘surprises’ for ya.

dino
                                        Keymaster

Bob has just repainted the new Lil Missbehavour !…great new -‘old” Nostalgia scheme in red, gold & white.I’ll have photos from the paint booth tomorrow…..And get this …looks like old weirdo painter here ,will get the lettering job…I’ll have the details on that ,once Bob & I work it out…could be going north soon, with my paint kit….Digger will like that..

dino
                                            Keymaster

Still Wet in this photo!

Attachments:

dino
                                                Keymaster

During this past winter, team owner Bob Sweatland sold his trusty 1978 Challenger funny car and bought a 1971 Dodge Demon nostalgia funny car. The new car will feature an alcohol injected big block Chevy motor and powerglide combination and will be competing in various events along the East Coast and the Midwest. Bob is currently working on finalizing the team schedule for the 2011 season. Team driver Bobbie Leigh Sweatland can’t wait to to get some laps in the new car.

hvy70ss
                                                    Participant

Dino…Hope they make the LV race. Looking at that Demon F/C kinda reminds me of the Paula Murphy “Miss STP” Duster F/C that ran at Dover.

Smitty

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Yup Six of them…” Rompin-Stompin,…ground pounding -ear-spliting Funny Cars ! at over ONE HUNDRED & EIGHTY Miles An Hour!”…. “Can The Girl Driver shut down the Big Boys? BE There For All the Action !”

dino
                                                            Keymaster

Bad news From Bob Sweatland ..Funny car…. put on hold…
                                                                Had a major accident with his big work truck/trailer towing tractor when a little old lady cut him off.Torn shoulder muscle and some other bangs and bruises. Truck and equipment totaled. He was ready to ‘shake it down’ in a week or two.Can’t work on car or any other work til he heals up.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.