GeeTO TIGERS at Dover

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST GeeTO TIGERS at Dover

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Jim Wangers, more or less hatched the original GTO way back when. A few years later, in cahoots with the old Royal Pontiac store, In ’66, Wangers’ GeeTO Tiger program was pure schtick, a promotional boil aimed at getting enthusiasts involved on the ground level. Selected individuals at certain dragstrip events would be invited to beat the Tiger (actually one of the Royal crew sweating into his socks beneath a ridiculous striped getup) in a heads-up race with two Goats: one with a black panel, the other with a white panel.

Brian Just talked to a Kingston ‘local’ that remembers This Show at Dover. A lady in the stands right by him was picked to run the the Royal Driver. We Have to date NO photos of this .Who out there has any more info and hopefully photos.?

dino
        Keymaster

Susposidly The TIN INDIANS also were at Dover from Knafel Pontiac. Brian talked to Larry ‘Doc’ Dickson that toured the cars and he said he remembers being there !

dino
            Keymaster

Searched ALL over …No photos of these cars…just a lot of recreation Wanger has. Strange 😯 .Did find a lot on the “Tigers’ that made the song and used in commercial .Hurst also made a GeeTO version and one was given away.

dino
                Keymaster

A lot of searching found this …very rare…Ace Wilson’s Royal Pontiac Twins.They detuned the car ,that the lucky fan drove ,and pumped up the tires so it sat there smoking while the ‘Mystery Tiger Driver’ in the tiger suit always won.

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Found it ! the GeeTO tiger song “…..boss sounds from the boss radio …WDINO …the boss told me to say that”

bobby-s

got mine,,
                            un-opened display.
                            yes the signature was NOT done in person,
                            part of the printing layout,

also the latest issue of the 1965
                            “car craft press car”
                            “GEE TO TIGER on the fenders..

Maso
                            sweet FED avaitor,

Bobby S.

Attachments:

dover1320

I met Jim Wangers in 04 I will post pics with him and my 66 at island and signed my diecast Poncho day at the track cool . Just spoke to Larry ”Doc” Dixon who drove 66 Gto Knafel pontiac he is signing my diecast of that car.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.