George Checchi On Board ! ‘Acapulco Gold " Camaro

Forums Forums NEW GUYS…and girls George Checchi On Board ! ‘Acapulco Gold " Camaro

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

“PaPa George” just Signed on . Since I have a black belt in Google And since George was smart enough to save and compile ALL his Dover stuff…Click on this link for a Real Time warp.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/131949336@N07/albums/72157651060888538/page1

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
        Participant

When I saw this post, it brought to mind something that Fred Egloff had told me years ago. So I just called
            Fred to verify the story which he said was correct. Around 7 years ago, Fred was in the hospital to have surgery
            done on his knee. In the Operating Room they had a board with the name of the patient who was on the table.
            Well this OR assistant (not sure of his title) saw Fred’s name and asked if he had raced at Dover Drag Strip. Fred
            naturally said yes and the assistant said that he raced a Camaro there called “Acapulco Gold”. Fred said yes, he did
            remember the car. So it just goes to show ya that ya never know when you’re going to meet a Dover guy and where
            you’re going to meet him ❗ 😆 By the way, Fred says “HELLO” to everyone….

Frank… 😎

vbob
            Participant

HEY

HOLY HOCKEY PUCKS !!!!!

WHERE THE F—– THESE GUYS BEEN HIDING !!!!!
                IM 68 AND IM ONE OF THE YOUNGER ODF’s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

‘V’

patina
                Participant

You are old VB! But really I have read this thread and wanted to reply but waiting for you V to inspire me. I moved from the city in 66 (NYC) and went to LI I kind of left the race crowd, MG, Jack Merkel’s behind and met new people. S & K speed and American speed were the places I frequented. John Galli had his Chevy coupe and that’s what I remembered. I never knew he had that Nova, and I never met Mickie or Kauer although I probably seen them run at National speedway. 1967 to 1970 was a interesting time for me. But when I hear the name “John Galli” I think Westchester automotive and a 40 Chevy coupe. I know that car is still around (at his shop) I wish these guys would get off their pissing contest and get these car’s out no matter what the condition. We are all going to die, let’s live for the day.

Pat

kman
                    Participant

68 ??????? …i got boots older than that !!!!! …

kman
                        Participant

I hear ya’ Pat… Galli…. Joe Bruni … Westchester Automotive … set up the suspension on my 65 chevelle … also did the rear gears … Awesome people !! … also met a guy we might know …. Charlie Castaldo…. Charlie was runnin’ the 55 at the time…

kman
                            Participant

WHOA…. sorry George if i/we hijacked the thread… post…. whatever they call it…. awesome build… Acapulco Gold …. be loud and proud … one killer car !!!! … did you work for Galli ??? ..

hvy70ss
                                Participant

Welcome George! I was a late bloomer to Dover spectating in 73..got first trophy in 74 in stock..just got my license that year! Definitely remember your car running against Tom Iorizzo in those days. Did ya ever run Billy Casey in the 69 Super Pumpkin? AWESOME photo collection…tunnel rams were the rage back then.

Bobby Smith

dino
                                    Keymaster

Frank…Papa George was a Surgical Tech…Retired in July. long Dover History.

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Thanks Dino, Fred wasn’t sure of George’s title at that time.
                                            I’ll tell him when we talk next time. …ty

Frank… 😎

dino
                                            Keymaster

George just sent this :

“Hello Dino & friends. Glad to be a member of the group. I hope to be a more active member in the near future. I’ll be in touch.”

patina
                                                Participant

Let’s see and hear more info on the Camaro!

Pat

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.