GETTING OLD

Forums Forums BENCH RACING FROM THE PAST GETTING OLD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    thekidd312

Has you get old you look at your life. was married to the greatest wife for 42 years till the 6th time she got cancer and lost this time! but grow up in a car nut family father step father uncles all built hotrods customs dragcars ! Ive worked on cars and bikes from time I could talk and walk ! Have built to many dragcars hotrods kustom to count loved every min. of it had wife who was into it too ! still have 48 ford hotrod built in 70s 65 dodge coronet tilt nose straight axle strip street car built in 70s will till I die then son grandson get. Won many dragraces street and strip car shows. Stated my owen car club in 80s TRI STATE ROD AND KUSTOM NOW TRI STATES CAR CLUB IN MIDDLETOWN. Have done 200 miles hour on water and in 1/4 mile both fun. Held couple nat records with uncle bucth in the old A.H.R.A in late 60s. We had 1 bay TENNCO GAS STAION in SLOANSVILLE NY And we made a living out of it OWER GAS WAS REG 21.9 a gal high test 25.9 with lead not like luck gas of today. Today I still drag race mostly nostalgias ! Still go to car cruzins! Still build and work on my dragcars and hotrods. RETIRING IN COUPLE MONTHS WILL WORK ON PUTTING MY 48 FORD HOTROD BACK TOGEATHER AND ON ROAD AND REBUILD MY 62 FALCON GASSER BUILT BY BUDDY IN THE LATE 60s IT RAN DOVER AND ISLAND! AND RESTORE A 40 FORD KUSTOM THAT WON BEST UNFINISHED KUSTOM AT HARTFORD AROMORY ON 1961 AND 1960. WAS ON LITTLE PAGES OF RED AND CUSTOM SEPT 1961. WISH MY WIFE LINDA WAS HERE AND MY MOTHER TO SEE I TURNED OUT OK LOST HER TO DRUNK DRIVER SHE WAS 36 !!! BUT HAVE A GREAT SON AND 2 GRAND KIDS A BOY AND GIRL !!! SO I GUESS I DID NOT HAVE A BAD LIFE EVEN WITH THE stoke and breaking of most of the bones in my body from racing. had to lean to rewalk 2 times ! I walk in pain and shake ! have pins and things in me. But you know I had a lot of good times and would do them all over again !!! HOPE TO FOR ALOTS MORE YEARS !!! WELL GOT TO GO CANT WAIT FOR WEEK END SAT NORWICH NY BIG CAR SHOW SWAP MEET BEEN GOING TO FOR #% YEARS ! SAT OFF TO THE DRAGS> AND ITS A LONG 3 DAYER !!! OK GUYS SEE YOU AT THE DRAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! STILL LOOKING FOR MY OLD 61 FORD STARLINER FROM LATE 60S AND EARLY 70S CALLED THE HAULING HOBO RAN MOSTLY ISLAND !! AND MY 55 CHEVY FROM 70S CALLED RATATRACK WHITE 2DR SEDAN!!! STARLINER WAS BLACK. GOOD NITE MISS CALABASH WHERE EVER YOU ARE !!! IF YOUR OLD ENOUGHT YOUD KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS !!!! BILLY THE KIDD BENDER

tomblake
        Participant

It’s good to look back at the good times and when we get older we do have a lot of memories. Our love of family and cars always seem to be at the top of our list. Who could forget the NOSE?

babycakes
            Participant

Billy,you got the right attitude in life,and look at all the ‘good’ things in life you have accomplished, out weighing the ‘bad’ times! And, your not done yet my man! There’s plenty more to see and do,so KEEP IT GOING!!!! We very much enjoyed, reading about your past! THANK YOU!
                :geek: 😉 😀 Pete.

the-kidd-312

well retired for 4 months now and its great ! except cant find my 61 starliner told in pine bush ny ! would take another one now to build copy ! bought back one of my old t buckets I built in mid 70s to play with didn’t need but wanted it ! been hanging out at FORGET ME NOT GARAGE WITH BUNCH OF WHATS LEFT OF US OLD HOTRODDERS IN AREA ! AND WITH BUDDY WHO STILL HASA OLD BONE YARD OF OLD CARS WHO IS A RETIRED HOTRODDER TOO FROM THE STATE HELPING HIM PUT 390 4 SPEED IN HIS 47 FORD COUPE LIKE I HAVE IN MY 48 WELL KNOW CAR ORANGE CALLED REMEMBER WHEN ! KNOW RETIRED NEED TO START WORKING ON THE CARS I WANT TO KEEP ! BUT ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GASSER PRODJECT OR FRONT ENGINE DRAGSTER ! SEE YOU GUYS AT THE DRAGS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BILLY THE KIDD BENDER

patina
                    Participant

I know of a 70’s front engine dragster a guy is getting rid of. I’m supposed to be getting info and pictures, what I know now; Built by 182″ S&P Speed on Atlantic Ave. Richmond Hills NY, 8-3/4″ Chrys. rear 4.30 gear, short body, 7.50 Cert., Weld wheels on back, spokes on front, now has 331″ SBC, Hilborn inj., aluminum heads, PG w/no trans brake. I think it’s all new never run, his partner died and he lost interest. He’s asking $12,000.00 and car is in Queens NY. I am waiting for pictures and more info.

Pat

dino
                        Keymaster

KIDD…Know what you’ve gone through…see you’re ‘back in action’ on a many fronts…Send me e-mail some photos the 48 & T-bucket…Ya know ya got a family here. send stuff to dino@doverdragstrip.com & I’ll post em for ya.

the-kidd-312

dino I will when son comes down to vist he said he would take pics and down load and teach this old dog how to do it ! see you at the drags THE KIDD

patina
                                Participant
                                    quote patina:

I know of a 70’s front engine dragster a guy is getting rid of. I’m supposed to be getting info and pictures, what I know now; Built by 182″ S&P Speed on Atlantic Ave. Richmond Hills NY, 8-3/4″ Chrys. rear 4.30 gear, short body, 7.50 Cert., Weld wheels on back, spokes on front, now has 331″ SBC, Hilborn inj., aluminum heads, PG w/no trans brake. I think it’s all new never run, his partner died and he lost interest. He’s asking $12,000.00 and car is in Queens NY. I am waiting for pictures and more info.

Pat

Now have pictures but cannot load, file too big, E-mail or message me for pictures.

Pat

frank-j-majauskas
                                    Participant

OK Pat….Let’s see if I resized your pictures ❓ Remember to click on picture
                                        to get full view…
                                        Frank… 😎

Attachments:

frank-j-majauskas
                                        Participant

Pat, more pictures….Click on picture to get full picture.
                                            Frank… 😎

Attachments:

patina
                                            Participant

Thanks Frank

Pat

dino
                                                Keymaster

Pat Said….”Now have pictures but cannot load, file too big, E-mail or message me for pictures.” Attention…You Successful Photo Posters..I’m Starting a NEW “HOW TO POST” photos Topic…with all new smart phones and tablets,newer digital cameras…Please Post YOUR ‘device” and procedures to help each other out…KMAN- VBOB ,Me and Frank all using different ways to post …Watch For New Topic and Tell use your ‘secrets.”.Since the Forum software is now 8 years old…As we originally suggested things its all changed with your new ‘Devices.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.