going Sat. to see the Addesso coupe

Forums Forums GENERAL DISCUSSION going Sat. to see the Addesso coupe

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    hearse-bill

yup…finally have permission for Murph..Dad..and I to go see th dodge coupe….see the post in the race car locater….I will keep everyone posted on my trip….wish me luck…..

hearse-bill

Oh Boy….where to start….Not so Good….Car is not in a car port as originally reported…its outside!!!!!….Front end I D ed- now a mustang 2….but he does have the origanl axle…it too…sitting outside!!!!!….the car….not so good….a lot of the damage in the pictures in the other post..was repaired..so the body is not all dented anymore….that is the good news….by the way I went there today ..not Saturday a expected….the bad news…..pretty rough….though…not as bad as the Hearse was when I got it…but rough….really not anything about the car..looks like an old race car…the rear fenders have been changed…although it looks like the race rear stuff might still be under the car…though very rusty…..body is very rusty…not just surface stuff ,in most bottom areas…..some good news….the nose is there…and (oH my goodness)…was kept in a garage…cause he was worried about the aluminium going away(oh boy!)….now…more bad….he thinks the car is rare…..ok….he thinks the car can be repaired….I geuss anything can….and more good news…..he willl not sell it to anyone………(drum roll please) he will give it to me…because of all I have gone through to preserve the Blown Hearse……..so I dont know when or how( Its in a tuff place to get to with a trailer…but I will prevail)but….I am just sick enough to get it out of there…………ok now…..I need this project like a hole in my head……and I really have no place to put it……I already have My wife’s 37 ford sedan to finish…the Hearse….and my Race roadster that I am going to Maxton and Bonneville and Drag racin with…..and keep 2 race cars…and ….well you get the picture…..WHO HAS:1, a place to put it INSIDE…..and /or 2,WHO might want this HUGE…but awesome project…..please think about it….if I don’t come up with something….It might have to go into hybernation at my inlaws place (O’brien Truckers) in Mass…way in the BACK corner….maybe NEVER to be seen by some of you age challenged members…….please let me know….I will probably not go get it til next weekend…we are going to Atco on Saturday with the Stude to try and reset the record….so you have a little time….thanks….Bill Coleman

dino
            Keymaster

FREE …Preserve a Dover Favorite….to contact Bill…be logged in ….click on his User Name to go to his profile, and E-mail or PM him. He’s getting it (can you say RESCUE) for Someone to get for Nothing! Pat- you be the Club House and have all the guys make it a Club Car 😆 some one tell Bobby LaRegina Or? at least get the word out.

patina
                Participant

Already PM’d Bill.

Frank M check your PM

Pat

dino
                    Keymaster

Action on it already ! Hey—-Gotta work fast to park it at Wingdale & Lebanon!

HERES THE WHOLE “ADDESSO” STORY TO start Drolling!

022_2

dino
                        Keymaster

From the sound of it…you better have a Lot of time, patience and “rust removal’ knowledge ( tools,shop,smarts)to even get it to the point of, then, addressing the motor-trans- chassis. Even the old photos looked nasty.Check out the Mustang project they’re doing at a pro-body shop.
                            http://www.doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=322&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Brian says they’re Still working on it.

mikey

Just curious, is the chassis as bad as the rest of the car? Man, that’s not a project, it’s an adventure! God Bless whoever takes that deal on! Does anyone know whatever happened to the Fiberglass car and chassis? That would be the car to restore. ………….Mikey 😆

dino
                                Keymaster

Bill…whats the latest on this …get it or not?

digger

i think the fiberglass car burned up in the fire along with the molds for the body

hearse-bill

I am still having kidney issues…..car is still mine ….but now will have to wait til spring…..I do have the nose and the axle …hood…and some other small stuff I could throw in the truck….but the car is still there…..Will deal with it in the spring….

dino
                                            Keymaster

OK GANG…Heres The Latest On Antones Coupe…I JUST talked to who has it..old stock car friend.Its in Bethel ,Ct. THIS topic describes Bill Colemans ‘visit’ ( scrool up) But here’s the story on the Car
                                                http://doverdragstrip.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=37&hilit=antone

The Guy Told me as of today …He Would accept an offer for the car.Body is salvageable…All intact -fenders -doors-trunk…even has Antone’s fabricated alum hood AND the 32 grill shell. Gone is the original front axle. Frame And rear all there & original. I have his contact info for serious parties.

patina
                                                Participant

When it was “free to a good home” I could have done something, but now I’ve sold off all the part’s I had to put this together. All of these “Dover cars” need someone to step up and save them even if it’s only a rolling display. And I’m still looking to do a magazine article about the surviving “Dover” cars all of them.

Pat

dino
                                                    Keymaster

When I mentioned the” Free to Billy Coleman ” reference …He said He didn’t know who Billy was and doesn’t remember anyone coming to see it. I’ll sort that out and get an idea of what he sees as a ‘reasonable offer.’

patina
                                                        Participant

Need to bump this up. Any word on what’s happening?

Pat

patina
                                                            Participant

I’m gonna keep this up until it shows up!

Pat

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
                                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.