Good Vibrations Anglia

Forums Forums OLD RACE CAR LOCATOR Good Vibrations Anglia

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    1966chevelle

Here is a photo of my Dad’s Anglia…The car was purchased from a guy in Newtown who raced it in the 80’s..The Anglia has an all steel body with a fibergalss nose…It is powered by a small block with a glide…Runs mid 10’s at around 127mph…Currently we are members of the East Coast Gassers & compete in many of their events…The Anglia has obviously been a drag car for a long time so if anyone recognizes it please let me know…Would love to find out some history on it…

Attachments:

dino
        Keymaster

WOW…My lettering Still on car…This was a Regular Cruiser at the Sycamore ! Street Rodder til Cruise shut down in 88, the owner ,Ken Menz, put it back on the track….Great it’s back ! let me get into the closet and find some info-photos.

dino
            Keymaster

got ’em ! ….heres Kenny in 88-89

Attachments:

dino
                Keymaster

Lettering Day in his garage in Newtown…Had a Cool juke-box I remember …real Nostalgia nut…Thats Real Silver Leaf -Old skool! By Dino !

Attachments:

dino
                    Keymaster

Here’s Close-up of what was on trunk…real Who’s-Who of Dover : Don Kauer, Bob Ingles- J & B Perf., Kathy (his wife), Speed Parts Center, Dennis & the Boys- B & L Automotive, Bernie Singer (Stock car guy at Danbury-welder), my ‘Artworks’, John Dzamko (Sycamore Cruiser-50 merc), and some other cruisin friends.

Attachments:

vbob
                        Participant

HEY

found this up in the attic under G Sept.1991 DDS Reunion !!

‘V’

…………………..Looks like Ken’s name still on it [edit-dino]

Attachments:

1966chevelle

Dino..You are right…We got the Anglia from Kenny…I got to know Kenny through our kids bmx racing…He always told me about his old drag car…When my Dad was looking for a nostalgic drag car I convinced him to go look at Kenny’s Anglia…The rest is history I guess…I also had the idea that you were the guy that had lettered the car…Ralph Baldwin in New Milford did some bodywork for us after a mishap up at Lebanon a few years ago and he mentioned your name…My Dad will be signing in to this forum too…Hopefully we can find some older history of the car….Thanks for your help…Hopefully we can get the car to the Dover Reunion too…We are trying to get a test & tune done this weekend…Probably at Island on Sunday or maybe Lebanon on Saturday…The car is still close….East Northport, NY (Long Island)…

dino
                                Keymaster

Reunion just accross town for You ….Sept 6 at Marcus…Nostalgia Drags info at its own heading here -Island-Oct.18.

dino
                                    Keymaster

Did a Dover CSI on ya…Isnt John S.(now on door window) living in Newtown ? that you ? ….car in Northport ? Had Don Murphy ,Bethel ,Ct…(80’s Sycamore cruiser-old Freind) look up in phone book…Don’s listed on trunk too.[still has his chevy coupe street rod from back then]…Don gave ME & Digger the idea to run cruise at Sycamore in ’82. funny …lets play connect the dots ! Need you to ad yourself to group ,at Dover Drag Strip Nostalgia Drags Team CHECK -IN !

1966chevelle

ok…i am john schreiner living in newtown with the ’66 chevelle ss396….my father (also john schreiner) lives in east northport, ny….he owns & drives the anglia….newtown john (me) knows kenny menz & found the good vibrations for nothport john (my dad)…dad was very excited last night to see the photos you posted…i told him he needs to get in on this discussion himself!…i am sure he will log in today….hope this explains who owns what & where we reside…. 😀

dino
                                            Keymaster

Kenny supplied me with the action photo (’89)..don’t know track …the others I took Day I Lettered it …in the shots -paint still wet !

dino
                                                Keymaster

John…First -Missed you and the Car At Nostalgia Drags,and Second- Don Kuaer IS on the Forum Now…He’s first in the list on back of car …OPPS -spelled his name wrong ….And Third- Let’s get KENNY on here …He was always never lacking for words !

dino
                                                    Keymaster

John? Whats the latest on the Ole girl …haven’t seen the car out much???

dino
                                                        Keymaster

Well….John was Running it hard at our 3rd annual Nostalgia Drags …see the Photo topic on the race. Hey Captian Chaos ! ….how ’bout some history?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.