GROUP PHOTO

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dino
    Keymaster

Trying to get more than two guys in one location at the same time is bad enough…But I’ve Mentioned this Before And Really think for the Media And our own Memory Books This Has To Be done. Problem is Getting everyone at one spot at a Pre determined time that doesn’t screw up what you’re doing at the time Or rounding everyone up where they’re camped out. Some Guys only come Sunday and rush to get though Tech and get a time run in. I’m Thinking Once we have everybody in the Lanes For First round, RIGHT Before We kick Off the Time Warp Parade …We herd Everyone out on the starting Line For Cameras to Shoot Down from The Tower & Grandstands. Then Drivers ready to Run Can get back to the lanes …the guys in the Parade ,go back to THAT ,all lined up in a specific staging lane ,while I’ll “entertain” and stall the crowd….Do the National Anthem-A Beatle Song “Get Back” – Run the Parade…Let Those Guys get in lanes if necessary ,while we run Off The Funny Cars To kick off the Real Racing. Ok ? . . . .That was a Record Run-on Sentence in “dino_speak” GOT IT?…Oh….If you guys in the Parade, Stop at the 1/8 mile and get on the return road….that will speed things up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9UvjclvVcw ….45 years ago amazing Huh?

dino
        Keymaster

BETTER IDEA…JUST Before first Rounds Everybody IN the Lanes And everybody else …GO to The Front of the lanes and Well snap it from the second story rear Tower stairs ….Done Deal. Could Parade ya out quick BUT some guys IN the Time Warp Parade Might get left out…Any suggestions ….I’m All ears.

masracingtd1167
            Participant

How about Sunday morning just before racing starts . Everyone meets at the starting line ?

babycakes
                Participant

Sounds ‘good’ to me Bill also! 😉 Pete

dino
                    Keymaster
                        quote masracingtd1167:

How about Sunday morning just before racing starts . Everyone meets at the starting line ?

BILL Thats The Ticket ….!8:30 -1/4 to 9 I’ll make the annoncement over the PA sat ….a couple of times .

dino
                        Keymaster

Well that didn’t work…Need a “photo coordinator”… volunteer please.

super-sport-pete

DINO, Here is my “suggestion”. get all racers who want their picture in the group photo to send you a “SELFIE”, with their name and Dover history. sort of ” high school yearbook” style. then you can put them together. it seems that you have been trying to do something like this all along. to get this done while people are racing is hard. you called for the photo, and in the next sentence they called my class to the lanes. whaddya think?

dino
                                Keymaster

Pete…Picture a “PHOTO” with 200 2inchx 2 inch head shots and Info copy…Maybe a 4ft x 16 ft panel would hold it all.You’de need a ‘booklet’ to cover all the material. This and a number of other ‘suggestions’ sound easy to ask for but in reality to make it happen ….it’s not as easy as saying “You could put them all together”.Once we push the “button’ on running the first pair off cars…all these extra added attractions get put on the back burner. We need a Non racing time …SATURDAY NIGHT ? to do this stuff ….But if ya only show up on sunday ,that shoots that down.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.